Riding the Crapper

Somedays I wonder why I bother getting up in the morning. Today was kind of a goat rodeo. I was trying to listen to/watch Michael Cohen's testimony on CSPAN online when Coopeguanacaste's electrical grid when down in my tiny corner of this world after hearing a loud 'PoP!'

Was disappointed because I am of two minds about Cohen. I wanted to hear what he had to say. I heard his statement and got to hear Republican rage at the idea he was now testifying truthfully. I believe him from what little I heard this morning, and I believe him even more after hearing highlights from the proceedings.

One thing is for sure - we live in very interesting times. I admit I'm interested now to see what will happen with Cohen. He's facing a three year jail sentence and had to eat some very large slices of humble pie. Will he come out and return to his formerly arrogant self, or will this be transformative? It's led to some interesting discussions online and between Jim and I on the nature of mercy and transformation. How does someone redeem themselves from horrible misdeeds? Where should forgiveness start?

He was frightening in one regard, saying that if Trump loses the election that Trump will not go quietly or easily. Cohen said he was scared by that too. Could be very bad news for all of us. Interesting times.

After the electric blew we were forced to decamp for the day, which we'd talked about doing anyway. Drove to Liberia to the butchers. We were also supposed to buy a sofa and chairs at Universal, but had to scratch that plan. Why? Because I have three left feet and one of them is on backwards.

Typically Jim plaintively begged for American fast food, like every single time we go to Liberia. While they don't have my favorite of Popeye's Fried Chicken there is a KFC, a Pizza Hut, a Burger King, a Quiznos, a Taco Bell, a Papa Johns and a McDonalds. Yep, America's main export to the world - crappy greasy ass food.

Jim decides on McDonalds,which is okay with me because they have decent salads and decent internet. What they don't have is a decent restroom. The electric hand dryers frequently do not work, there's rarely soap, and you have to try and wash your hands will holding down the faucet handle. I'm just not that coordinated.

Get into the restroom, which has two stalls, both oddly shaped, one tiny and go. I didn't care about the handwashing situation because my bladder was bursting. But when I stood up one of my flipflopped feet hit a big water puddle and down I went, like the spastic I frequently am. But it wasn't straight down, oh no, I landed half on/half off the toilet seat, breaking the damn seat before bouncing off and landing on the wet tiles.

Managed to throw out my hip, back and neck, so it was head on back to the house after one more stop and no sofa. Jim just cannot take me anywhere. If there's a weird way to injure myself it will happen. Sort of makes me wonder if someone out there has a voodoo doll and copious pins.

Yes, no soap, contortionistic moves to wash my hands and no working hand dryer. Batting a thousand today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Strange Days and Orchids