Short Timers

Having had that stroke back in September has made me stop and reevaluate what I'm doing, what matters and what does not. A brush, no matter how slight it was and it was slight, with death tends to do that.

Over the last five months I've come to the conclusion that I am ready for a change, a big change. I have made some big changes. I work out daily  unless I'm sick. Fifty lengths in the pool. I eat better. I keep to a sleep schedule.

I try not to be mired down in things. Example -  this morning I got up with the idea that I was going scrub, clean and completely rearrange the laundry room since the plumbers and electricians had been here all week. We had all three of the electrical boxes rewired, had a hot water heater installed and pipes added carrying that hot water to everywhere you can imagine. Life is too short to live with no hot water.

I don't miss it in the shower so much. It's hot enough where cold showers are refreshing, plus if you shower between the hours of noon and six pm you will get nice lukewarm water from the bomba (extra water tank hopefully frogless)

Where I really miss it is in the laundry and doing dishes. I was not able to do the post mrsa recommended cleaning of bleaching sheets and towels in hot water. I also could not wash the dishes I was using in hot enough water to sanitize them.

So having that glorious hot water has been something I've been looking forward to. But because of the guys in our house doing their thing I had some construction dust to clear up, the laundry room was a horrible jumbled mess of things moved around. It needs to happen.

But Jim asked me early in the day to blow it all off. We skinny dipped after making love in the pool, moving to the hot tub for the morning and afternoon. Eventually we went out for a walk on the beach, dinner, matching massages followed by watching our favorite local band play. We came home about eight. I had to work on NLQ for a few minutes and except for that I spent the day with my husband. There was nothing that needed doing, from the laundry room to NLQ that could not be put off.

That's kind of where I am right now. What's important, really important. Which is why my rant about Stompy is pretty funny now. She does not matter, no more than a busboy in a restaurant or the guy that mows my yard. I mean that they do matter in the way that they are people with needs and feelings, but they mostly do not affect me at all.

This week I made last second large blocks of telephone time for 3 or 4 good friends suffering from crisis. That matters to me. Not the Bible study I've been nattered and nagged at to attend. Not a bunch of online critics who don't know me yet talk like they do.

I had one of my children call in tears from dental problems. I cleared my schedule to talk and come to a resolution of the problem.

Yesterday and Friday I sewed, working on that beautiful quilt for my bed since the asthma was bad. I didn't try to do, I put myself first.

We don't have infinite time on this planet, so I'm looking at where I can trim it out, get rid of the silly.

I am seriously considering closing NLQ for those reasons. Maybe I'll hand it back to Vyckie. Or someone else. I feel stronger than ever that keeping tabs on people like those Botkin Sisters trying to threaten Cindy Kunsman, but feel like the time has come to pass it along. Ten years is a long time to keep doing something like that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Strange Days and Orchids