Falling in Love and Down

Today was a falling day.

First off we went to the animal rehab I was volunteering at for awhile. I realized very quickly that my health is not exactly compatible with what they needed help with. All it took was one smokey afternoon chasing a squealing, squalling, complaining coatimundi around a mountain on fire to let me know I could not. We caught him only because we gave him a granola bar. He was still squealing and protesting while scooped up, but never let go of his sweet treat.

So now, I come in only when they have oodles of babies that need to be bottle fed, burped, encouraged to go to the bathroom. They haven't had babies in awhile. Last ones were a set of baby sloths, baby bats and one shy baby deer.

It was very nice revisiting the place. I haven't been in a while. The exotic birds, the blue macaw, and the yellow naped ones were especially happy to see me, talking, doing tricks and trying to seduce me to come into the cage to scratch heads.

My buddy!





Afterward we went swimming, my daughter and I spending most of the afternoon in the pool, right up until the strangest of things happened. The large mango tree on the property started shaking, we could see the limbs and leaves moving around and my daughter pointed, saying "Look the monkeys are back." She was excited since they'd not been around yet today.

But before our eyes what looked like a brown stick, a log around four feet long fell out of the tree, slammed  onto the garage roof and fell between the garage and the concrete fence around our property. It was no stick of wood, it was an iguana!

The fall stunned him. It took a good five minutes before he started moving. He must have had the wind knocked out of him. But eventually he started moving around, noshing on some fallen early mangos, and he ran off up another mango tree.

It was literally raining iguanas! LOL


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Strange Days and Orchids