No Power, No Water, No Problem
We got up this morning to no electricity and water. Typical day in Ticoland. I started to stress out over this because I had planned on scrubbing the guesthouse in air conditioned comfort followed by hemming the new drapes for the larger guestroom on my sewing machine. But it was not to be. Got a grip on myself and realized anew I only have to stay Cajun and eventually die. Everything else is free form.
Today illustrated an important principal of our move to Costa Rica. I did something else and it was fine. I scrubbed windows, mopped and dusted the entire house. Normally these are tasks I would do the day of or the day before someone comes to visit to keep that good clean smell around. Now I'm completely done with guest arrival save a few dishes in the morning and a load of towels.
Part of living here, living the dream is flexibility and no 'must dos' I rarely make real plans any longer because things change. Sometimes, like Wednesday afternoon, the change is dictated by health. Sometimes its by circumstance. Hard and fast routines do not work here, and that's genuinely okay.
Spent a couple of hours in the pool today and took a nice long stroll through my favorite fruit and vegetable market to get that most delicious of Costa Rican treats for my guest arriving Saturday - those tiny fingerling bananas. They are the tastiest of all the bananas I've tried here. But I cannot even start to describe how much more flavorful fresh local ripe regular bananas are.
Today illustrated an important principal of our move to Costa Rica. I did something else and it was fine. I scrubbed windows, mopped and dusted the entire house. Normally these are tasks I would do the day of or the day before someone comes to visit to keep that good clean smell around. Now I'm completely done with guest arrival save a few dishes in the morning and a load of towels.
Part of living here, living the dream is flexibility and no 'must dos' I rarely make real plans any longer because things change. Sometimes, like Wednesday afternoon, the change is dictated by health. Sometimes its by circumstance. Hard and fast routines do not work here, and that's genuinely okay.
Spent a couple of hours in the pool today and took a nice long stroll through my favorite fruit and vegetable market to get that most delicious of Costa Rican treats for my guest arriving Saturday - those tiny fingerling bananas. They are the tastiest of all the bananas I've tried here. But I cannot even start to describe how much more flavorful fresh local ripe regular bananas are.
Comments