Parrots and Gardening
A newer stray, Pork. She's so sweet. She loves to hang out in front of my bedroom window and roll and purr outside the window. She's just now starting to let me pet her.
By cutting off most of my social media, about three email boxes closed, and by stopping the hammer and tongs writing for Patheos I'm starting to finally regain a bit of time. This afternoon I spent one very long stint in the garden, something that fell by the wayside as I was sick this summer, and as my time was eaten up with YouTube, comment moderation, Patheos and everywhere else. Since June I have been on a daily time crunch.
I did an enormous amount of weeding this afternoon, happy to see I was able to rescue the vegetable garden where most of the plants were doing well. I have kept them picked, but not well wedded. I resurrected my herb garden, harvesting the herbs about to go to seed, and replanting some of the containers. Cleaned up the areas around the hammock and guesthouse.
I got filthy dirty, head to toe. I'm still not sure how I did it but I ended up with potting soil in my arm pit, and under my toes. Good and sweaty. I must have a thousand generations of peasant farmer blood in my veins because it felt so good. Tonight I have long unused muscles responding to the pulling, bending, lifting, and twisting. It's a good feeling too. I'm tired, but it's a good tired.
One of the things I got the biggest kick out of was that our lime tree has good sized limes approaching ripeness. The local yellow naped Amazon parrots are pounding on them, showing up in droves to eat those juicy limes. I am the only lime user in the house so I'm not adverse to sharing them with the parrots. Today as I gardened in the citrus grove the parrots were directly over head, only ten or twenty feet right above. I love the noise they make, and seeing the soaring green feathers overhead.
Once sunset hit I came inside and took a nice long hot shower, getting rid of the dirt between my toes and everywhere else. I finally sat down at my computer just in time to see some sniggering smart ass saying that they thought I had quit Patheos, so why was I still posting. Ugh! Trying to pop my good mood. I swear, this is a perfect example why I'm getting out. I clearly stated I wanted to finish up my two book review series and would run through the 31st just so I could do that.
Everyone's a freaking critic. Even people lacking all reading comprehension skills. The sooner this pandemic and stupid election run their course I hope people regain their senses. It's just gotten so stupid and constantly negative.

Comments