Tuesday Afternoons
We've had a lot of four legged and winged visitors here lately. From the yellow naped green amazon parrots, through iguanas in all shades. This guy lives under our pool and is over five feet long. He hangs out in the starfruit tree every day. The golden iguanas with red spikes are rarer than the other varieties.
It's a good thing it always feels like a Tuesday afternoon here, even this morning when we went out for breakfast at a charming cafe overlooking the beach. My mast cell symptoms have gotten so insane. I'm having more issues than ever before, and I wonder how much stress plays into it. We went out for breakfast and a grocery run before coming home and I crawled straight back into bed.
Hallelujah anyway. At least I can view the critters from the bed, I am not dealing with the debilitating dizziness I was and can walk without people pointing and saying I am drunk. The mrsa is back, the mast cell is the most active, and I'm almost a shut in by now., an exhausted shut in that loves to lay backwards in the bed to watch parrots and iguanas.
I am in recovery mode, when everything is haywire, and I lay about doing things that don't take much effort, like crocheting, watching a little television, or working on a funny coloring book someone gave me for Christmas last year. It's the People of Walmart and it's a hoot.
Just thankful I was able to medicate enough to do Andrew Hall's YouTube live yesterday, even with the asthma. We laughed so much. I adore Andrew.
What happened afterward was such a clear indicator to me that I am taking the right path, to leave because of my health and the increasing load of work liberally sprinkled with crazies. First I shared a page someone sent me on a FB page. It was Tim Rodrigues page promoting his handy man business. I got to see obsessional crazy in real time instead of just laughing over the stock photos and testimonials from his siblings and mother Jill, people started calling him. Not cool at all. No one should be harassing that poor kid.
Later people started sending me links to places discussing my departure from Patheos. I only glanced at a few, and laughed seeing the conspiracies. It's not that deep, folks. Mast cell + hours per day eaten up dealing with threats without increased pay = me gone.
The death threats have slowed down and nearly stopped. I'll be glad when I can return to the internet without acclaim or disdain.

Comments