Flyin' The Crazy Skies

 No photo. I am way too tired. Got up at the ass crack of dawn to fly from Reagan National back to Costa Rica. First flight very full, Sat next to a silent priest listening to hymns and a woman who spent the flight working on a pamphlet for an MS org. Quick, smooth, problemless in every way. Wheelchair waiting for me at door to door.

It was the second flight that was the doozy. Last night they sent me an alert that they were having to push the flight back an hour. Negative perspiration, right?

I noticed when they wheeled me up that there were more people waiting than usual an hour before boarding. Asked about and found out that the mornings flight to Costa Rica had been cancelled so my flight went from full to crazy full with oodles of folks on standby. I have never seen so many standbys.

About thirty minutes before boarding I hear shouting in the distance and watch one of the flight crew, the cockpit crew, come storming out issuing curses. Turns out one of the officers quit after cursing out his coworkers. It took another hour and a half to get a replacement there and in the cockpit.

By that time some of the booked passengers on my flight were so pissed off they were yelling at the airline to rebook them and they left. There was chaos, fuming angry passengers yelling at airline employees. It shook out that they managed to get a lot of standbys on once the pissed off took themselves off elsewhere. We left two hours late.

I did laugh when we landed and I saw the budget airline flight I almost took had to deplane onto the cement into a driving pounding rain storm. Nope. Stayin' dry, drama free and happy. Happy to be home. Not happy about the amount of cleaning this place is going to take after a month.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Strange Days and Orchids