Monkey Pee and Moho
Hopefully what part of the garden will look like after the gardener arrives! I don't trust everyone with a key for good reasons I will outline below. The weeds are nigh high as an elephant's eye in one mere month.
I am felled with kidney issues after barely drinking a thing the day I flew. I slept during the flights and missed the drinks cart. From the kids house to my house I think I had one small cup of coffee and a small water. Got very dehydrated and am now paying the painful price. New meds added. Done very little on my list here.
Suitcases unpacked and laundry done. That's it. I'm in the bed, or sitting in my rocker watching tv until the pain lifts enough to ditch the pain pills.
I take that back, I did do one other thing. I cleaned every spot of white spidery web mold out of the house, swept and mopped. Apparently we're had such intense rain that the entire house was muggy and this grew on the weirdest surfaces. The handles of kitchen appliances, the back of doors, furniture, etc. As long as it is not the toxic black mold we're good. A little vinegar spray, paper towels and away we go.
This trip was the first time I've even gone away for a month, and likely the last time. Why? Well, the maid was scheduled to come twice, and should have come just to do a basic wipe down, sweep and mop. Didn't happen. She left me a long rambling voice mail about a family emergency in Nicaragua she had to go to. She's not back yet.
So I had a house sitter, and I would have thought she might have done a little cleaning because I did mention her cleaning up after herself, keeping tidy. Nope. She faffed off quickly after she suddenly decided to pick all the ripe mangoes on our mango trees. She climbed our tall ladder instead of using the picker, and the monkeys decided to pee on her. Please don't mess with the monkeys food source or you will get peed upon. She went back to her boyfriend's apartment in Tama and just checked every third day to put out dry cat food.
Just as well because I was pretty horrified to find out she took out the tall ladder and tried to climb it! I was already nervous about her staying here, but didn't realize she had a death wish, and/or desire to sue the hell out of us. I never thought to warn her not to do such things! Plus she's somehow managed to damage the door locks and the gate locks. Waiting for the locksmith today too.
So I've cleaned, I've put away, and I'm almost bed bound right now, but it's so good to be home even if I'm wearing my cat Stinky like wet underwear. He's clinging to me like he never wants to let me out of his sight.
Comments