Wending My Way Back Home

 

 Me six weeks ago at Arenal at the Arenal Falls Lodge. Zinged out due to the crazy of the car situation.

Still no car. The car we requested hasn't been shipped so we're going to be looking anew the day after Jim gets back. I am now leaning towards anything smaller they have on the lot at the Nissan dealership. But that's not today's laughs.

I'm supposed to be airborne by this time tomorrow on one of the bigger carriers. I've been somewhat concerned about this because news is saying a boatload of stuff about cancellations. So let's just say I'm not upset or annoyed about that, more expecting it. Last year when I flew here in July I got moved back a day by the carrier.

This morning, bright and early, I arise just in time to get a 'please check in now online with our airline' message. Aha! So we're still on! Awesome! I have cats to pet and weeding in my garden to do.

An hour later I get an email asking if I would be willing to give up my spot and fly out a day later. I contact my ride to say hey would this be a problem? Don't hear back. Take zero action.

An hour later I got another email, this one saying I'd been bumped to tomorrow's flight due to 'overbooking'. Okay, cool, I kind of expected this. So I call to confirm, and see, giggle, giggle, if I can squeeze a seat upgrade or something out of them.

The airline representative was nice, nice as pie, offering a days pass to their VIP lounge. But the second I asked for an upgrade to business or first class I'm told that the offer is ended and I'm booked back on Wednesday instead of Thursday. Fuccc dge...

Guess that teaches me not to be so darn greedy~

They always move me to business or first class usually once they see I'm handicapped, so no big deal. The only issue now is we are due for some rather nasty weather over the next 24 hours, so there's always the possibility that I'll get bumped again.

Flying in the age of post-Covid (supposedly!)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Strange Days and Orchids