Plumb Crazy

 

If anything I should have stayed in bed the last almost week even without the ankle situation. Why? Three things that happened while I am just over here trying to live my life.

First I bought a beautiful polished chrome set for my bathroom, A large pipe assembly coming off the wall with a large rain shower head that you could swivel and bend any direction along with a shiny hose and a hand held shower head. Installed it. Made sure both ran well. Turned off the tap and walked away only to hear a huge CLUNK!! The thing was so heavy it snapped the pipe in the wall. Plumber coming next week, the endless Tico "Manana"

Second I am allergic to the stupid orthopedic boot. Apparently parts are latex, and when I sweat, which is a daily thing in Costa Rica, it leeches through to the latex part. Leg, ankle, foot all covered in an itchy rash now. Tried going with just the ace bandage this morning and spent the day eating pain pills. Back in the boot, itching scratching at it all. My lung doctor used to say he'd seal me in a plastic ball to avoid my asthma and allergy triggers but with my luck I'd be allergic to the plastic.

The third thing happened last night and I sort of came unglued. Discovered someone using RFID scanning scanned my main credit card in my wallet and had been merrily spending thousands of dollars over the last week, much of it at the local Licorea here. Good luck buying your bourbon now! Card nuked. Waiting on a new one.

The good - I got on top of the huge pile of pharmacy submissions to the insurance company, I'm gardening again and have lots of lovely new plants , and finally the husband read me the wrong numbers on his blood work and he is cancer free at this moment. I hope this evil thing is gone for good.

Another good thing. I spent Sunday morning at church doing a series of drawings of the little iguana that lives in the drain pipe there. Cutest thing ever! Kept poking it's little head out of the grating. I had to do a painting later from my notes and sketch studies. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Strange Days and Orchids