So High I'm Kissing the Sky No More!

 

View from our room in Copey eight years ago.

Was I ranty on Sunday? I was livid after someone else invited folks to my pool followed by an accident that wouldn't have taken place had the husband just done what I asked him to do involving concrete stepping stones and our garage. We bought pavers today.

Monday morning clinic, x rays, consultation with an ortho surgeon and exam by the lady that runs the clinic. Nothing broken, just a ton of degraded bone and old injuries, new sprain and new ligament detached. The pain had amplified so much by the time I got up that morning it was straight to the doc. Last time I did something like this to myself it was back in Virginia. Woman ran over my foot with an electric mobility scooter. It hurt worse, but not by much.

The funny thing of this is my doctor oh so seriously and mournfully informing me that I had lots of old damage in the ankle/foot, the torn ligament and I wasn't going to benefit from ligament surgery. D'oh! I'm old! I've broken that ankle three or four times and sprained it a pile of other times. All that ballet as a teen added to that. I just happily shrugged when she told me because I already knew from previous sprains/breaks my ankle was toast.  They put some odd removable cast/boot thing on me, gave me two different pain pills/anti inflammatory and sent me off with the advice to stay off my foot for a week.

At least it wasn't as bad as the first time I broke my ankle. I slid off my bed when I was twelve, landed wrong on a chunky heeled platform shoe. My mother was yelling for me to come help her with the groceries and I limped in crying, telling her I broke my ankle. She told me to shift it and bring in the groceries. This took place on a Friday afternoon. When I still could not walk on a Monday morning I was finally taken to the doctor, where I found out it was broken and that it had started to heal, meaning they had to rebreak it. Trust me, this is something you want to avoid. 

I've already broken that stay off your feet advice! Today I went grocery shopping. Yesterday did dishes. Tonight doing laundry. I have way too much dirty clothes between the fall into the mud, and last night's reaction to the pain pills. Throwing up multiple times last night. I always forget I do horrible with pain pills, and usually end up having to ditch them quickly. Just as well as I hate that 'high' feeling you get. So tonight I'm white knuckling it. I hope it will not be too bad.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Strange Days and Orchids