Sweary Sweaty Shouted Conversations and Whispered Realities

 

Caballeros at the Santa Cruz Rodeo festival last week

Yesterday I was on pins, needles and threads going to church. Was quite curious to see if the pastor of the best gosh darn mini megachurch in the rainforest (his name for it, not mine) would mention any need to pray for the things going on in our world. Meaning the shootings in Minnesota by ICE agents. Crickets of course. Nothing, de nada, it was all sunshine and "control your thoughts" per usual. I don't get why the hubby loves this church because a lot of the theology is out of Christian Nationalism.  

The funny: The Ogress was there when I was walking in and I complimented her on her pretty dress. She looked at me, started to smile and say something before remembering that we're supposed to be mortal enemies in church. So she scowled, turned up her nose and went elsewhere. Laughing because whenever I run into her in town she's friendly still, but in church there is something of a performance going on in front of everyone else. 

While yesterday was all whispering due to the asthma killing my voice today was shouting. The husband and I are cleaning out the laundry room in preparation for a brand new washer/dryer and it's quite the task. Today was moving all the PriceSmart/Costco horde of groceries and the china cabinet I use as a pantry so the delivery can happen. I dare say the husband and I were getting on each others nerves as he would do things like grab the baskets I have my gardening supplies in, say he thinks it's trash I should throw away before I lecture him not to do so and why. All. Day. Long. By the end I was hoarse again. He brings a certain impractical circle of chaos to everything he does, while I want to go about it the most logical organized way and we kept at cross purposes all day. Tomorrow will not be better I'm afraid. We finish up the laundry room. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Strange Days and Orchids