On the Bad Ship "Conspiracy"
Tamarindo beach in black and white.
Still sick but only whining about it on my page The Mast Cell Block Tango. Let us just say that walking out into the world beyond our living room is like stepping into the dry heat of a blast furnace right now.
We're still trudging back and forth to the credit union over an hour away, still trying to scare up the right documents to move the bulk of our liquid assets there since the bank is suddenly paying diddly squat. Nothing in Costa Rica happens in a hurry and it doesn't pay to think that it will. It just makes you crazy if you ignore Tico Time and think anything will happen rapidly. I've long since lay down my illusions and frustrations over Tico Time and now I expect it.
Saturday we went out to see 2 new friends of the husband's. They were DJing 80s music at a bar we'd never been to before. The place was merely meh, it didn't even have the virtue of being on the beach like most of the joints we go to. It was positively filled with drunken tourists. The food wasn't good, the drinks merely okay, and the lone handicap access to the second floor was non existent. It was a broken elevator.
But none of that was a problem. I did what I love, I just sat back and people watched while eating my soggy greasy zucchini. What was a problem is another friend invited by someone else in the group. She was just bitterly filled with the most off-putting conspiracy theories on just everything one could imagine. Sounding off on them like Nikita Krushev ranting and banging on the table with his shoe that time at the UN.
Since I'm allergic to bullshit I tried to stay silent, but ended up snapping at the woman when she tried to say that all journalists, reporters, and writers were stooges sold out to the demonic liberal side. Not so. Hearing first hand the weird ideas of a Canadian Maga was very odd. Thankfully I can avoid this woman pretty handily here.
My computer is starting to die in a hurry. I cannot get certain number keys and punctuation keys to function. Bring 'em in, burn 'em out. Tried my external keyboard but some of the letters are burned out on it. As soon as I manage to feel slightly better it's off to get it fixed, or to buy a new one.

Comments