Iguana Pee

Yeah, so it's been a strange few days.

We have a visitor we had to evict from the house.


Yes, that is a big green iguana. Nope, the flies are normal sized. I shot this from the kitchen window and managed to catch a few ever present bugs on the inside of the kitchen window. I was trying to get a shot of the iguana drinking the pool water. He's not the same dude that comes to pick the papayas. That guy is grey and black. We sometimes see a five foot long golden and red iguana too. This guy was never before seen and very green, emerald green.

Not too long after I snapped that happy shot I was on the phone to my friend Cindy whining about Jim's obsession with what we're making on the house and the copious lies of that hated relative. I talked to Cindy right after I got out of the pool, and I was talking to her and changing out of my swimsuit, feeling a sudden sharp pain. Yes, yes, I happen to be just dumb enough to have thrown out my back talking on my cell phone and pulling off my loose old swimsuit at the same time. I am multi talented I tells ya!

Then I managed to seriously flub up even more. While I was talking to my friend and we're both carrying on over the antics of outrageous relatives, hers and mine, I managed to facial-cheek-dial-butt-dial the same person I was complaining about. LMAO when his voice mail came on I was laughing over Trump and his inanties, telling Cindy I didn't doubt Trump was hacking my call and issuing a laughing 'fuck you Trump' before we started laughing some more and talking about a pile of crazy things. I wonder what Robby thinks happened on his message?

After the call I rushed to take a few muscle relaxers and lay down on the newly McGyvered sofa. The sofa that the first owners left was so ancient that all the webbing under the sofa dry rotted and I had ordered webbing twice from Amazon to reweb the sofa. Part of the shipments that never arrived so earlier in the week I did that thing one must learn to do in Costa Rica, I McGyvered it. Metal wire and plastic clothes lines interwoven along the base of the sofa where one would normally have burlap webbing. Turned out to be a good thing as the sofa is firmer than brand new.

While I was sitting on the newly reconstituded sofa I kept smelling some sort of awful pee smell. It wasn't the cat. I started teasing Jim and asked him why he peed all over the sofa, but that was not it, and it wasn't on the sofa, it was under it. Cleaned it up, moved on, shrugged and didn't think too hard about what it was.

Guess what it was? Did you guess iguana? You would be right. This morning we got up to iguana pee all over the stretch of marble kitchen countertop I keep fresh fruits and vegetables on.  The produce was scattered and semi eaten. After cleaning that up we put out the trap baited with some lovely star fruit. I am hoping we get up to a green iguana.

Talking to friends today apparently iguanas, iguana invasions in homes and gross pee are a problem here.

Never a dull moment!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Ancient History With a Crystal Ball