Temper Teeth Tantrums

Yesterday I lost it. One of my biggest flaws is I sometimes lose my temper. And I don't mean I stomp my foot and yell for a few minutes. I go completely over the top and completely eviserate whoever the target of my temper is.

We're coming into the home stretch of the house sale. Our Costa Rican lawyer has all our signed paperwork for a July 31st closing and he left for NYC this morning. The plan we came up with was he was going to overnight it to the lady at the closing company tonight for delivery tomorrow. She insisted this was not good enough, so we talked to our lawyer, making arrangements for him to put it on a UPS three day delivery from his office in San Jose, CR. On Wednesday morning he sent it out for a Saturday delivery in the D.C. area.

Now I'd been telling this lady over and over and over again in the last eight weeks since we took the contract on our house that a) I needed a closing date information asap, b) I needed the documents to sign a minimum of two weeks before closing, and c) this was all important because THERE IS NO OVERNIGHT DELIVERY FROM COSTA RICA!!!

Wednesday morn, I get off the phone with Andreas, our lawyer, who tells me he's shooting me the receipt via email so it can tracked  by us and the settlement people. What lands in my email box is a quick email from the lady at the settlement company, I'm going to call her Ann here. Ann wanted to know if I really thought my Costa Rican lawyer was on the ball enough to get the signed noterized sales papers to her overnighted.

I kind of went nuts and called her an idiot before shouting in all caps 'HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU THERE IS NO OVERNIGHTING ANYTHING FROM COSTA RICA! ARE YOU REALLY THAT STUPID?!'

Not one of my finest moments. I ended up sending an apology when I calmed down. Stupidty is one of those things that sets me off hard and I'd been dealing with the inanity of Ann for eight weeks now.

I'm going to blame it on the fact that I was busy reading Sean Spicer's book this week and it was pretty dreadful. I'm not just talking about the few misspellings I found either.  He called Donald Trump a unicorn riding a unicorn over a rainbow, followed by quite a few very poor rationalizations of why it was alright that the author told lies routinely. I was very turned off by what seemed to be the ravings of a man who was more concerned by climbing the career ladder than taking care of his family. Spicer never even explained what it was he held against Scaramucci that caused him to quit.

Highly disappointing unlike many of the books on politics I'd read recently, where I learned something about each person, and felt some understanding of them. I'd read the Comey book, the McCain book and several books on the Trump family. As much as I don't care for the political conservatives at least with each of these other books I came away with some greater understanding of those people, even the president's two older seemingly bone headed sons. Hell, I found myself liking Comey even if I didn't want to.

Spicer was a waste. How could someone who could make fun of himself and his position like he did on that awards show be so completely clueless and arrogant? I'm reading that most of his interviews on the book tour and signings aren't going well. There's a reason for that.

I need to keep that in mind the next time some super stupid person starts throwing a monkey wrench into my business, and learn not to be such an asshole to them. That is a good lesson to take away from Spicer's book - don't get an arrogant asshole.

Jim's been somewhat cranky this week with the housesale too. But he has a reason. Dental issues on top of his ear problems.

Going to get in the pool. I've found that if I get too agitated or anxious that the pool is a great relief.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Ancient History With a Crystal Ball