Full Moons
I can always tell when it's full moon. I know science says that it's an old wives tale, but every single full moon the internet goes haywire. Around full moon is when I get the most candidates for Jerks4Jesus. It's when the conspiracy theories come out to pay, and when we see the nuttiest things quoted on a Facebook group I belong to that tracks people drinking their own urine and using Black Salve.
Cindy and I end up talking every full moon and solar flare and documenting the cray cray. There was no craziness yesterday my orbit, it was calm, but that might just be because I spent part of the day getting these gross infected lumpens under my left arm probed and drained. I was either getting poked or laying down. I went to the beach to walk and dragged my exhausted ass back early. Just not having enteractions with life.
Today, oh man has that been a different story! Crazy happenings so far and it's barely noon here.
I'm still going to be concerned for the relative. Guess I'll have to explain how to read the food label when I see her during the family reunion.
Cindy and I end up talking every full moon and solar flare and documenting the cray cray. There was no craziness yesterday my orbit, it was calm, but that might just be because I spent part of the day getting these gross infected lumpens under my left arm probed and drained. I was either getting poked or laying down. I went to the beach to walk and dragged my exhausted ass back early. Just not having enteractions with life.
Today, oh man has that been a different story! Crazy happenings so far and it's barely noon here.
- A pile of Ticos at my gate trying to sell everything from toothbrushes to weeding services. One claimed he could tell our trees had issues and he needed to treat them. Dude, it does not take two hundred bucks to buy a pressure sprayer and a bottle of fungus meds for my orange tree. He was very obnoxious and would not take no for an answer. This is the absolute last time I answer the bell on the main gate to a peddler.
- A relative who also had a stroke within the last six months and is in my age range posting a recipe online made entirely with canned and packaged ingredients. I realize she's in fly over country, a place were the information does not get to quickly unless you hunt for it. I wasted a half hour and hurt some feelings trying to explain how using five cans of vegetables, a packet of dried soup mix, a packet of dried seasoning mix and heavily salted canned tomatoes would give you a day and a half of your daily requirement of salt in one serving. I am really surprised so many people still eat large doses of prepackaged food. She kept telling me, "But I use Mrs. Dash in it, not salt" and blanking on the fact that there is a heavy sodium content in each of those items. You could skip the salt altogether and be way over the suggested daily amount.
- I somehow ended up on a Republican board and was futilely attempting to explain how Q Anon and other things were not real legitimate things. After realizing nothing I was explaining, not even with links to legitimate information, was falling on anything but brainwashed people who can only utter platitudes about snowflakes and evol liburuls I tried to graciously wish them well, say there was no point in arguing and depart. Now I'm being followed all over online and they're posting right behind me. Get a grip! I guess I kind of deserve it for attempting to reason with people who are clearly intellectually stunted and can only spew about MAGA.
- But the most surprising thing was that I posted a meme about Ann Coulter on NLQ FB page and mansplainers galore emerged and started behaving very very badly. The women posting got why what Ann said was offensive, even in jest, but the men went nuts. Had to erase the post and block a pile of guys. No dudes, you do not get to say that sexual assault isn't a bad thing and calling out Coulter for promoting it is not a bad thing. I wish the Kavanaugh goat rodeo was over, Battle lines have been drawn between the sexes.
I'm still going to be concerned for the relative. Guess I'll have to explain how to read the food label when I see her during the family reunion.
Comments