Collision Course
Still spending my days trudging back and forth to the clinic having my toes and foot debrided daily. It really sucks because it involves a young nurse with a glorified razor blade picking off dead skin. I do not recommend it, but then again I do not recommend getting MRSA either.
I just cannot catch a break with my health, which makes me wonder if I really still want to be on this planet any longer tossing in pills.
Add in that today's confloption involved a doctor I've never seen before coming in to lecture me about my blood sugar levels. Quite the head knocking because every time I get MRSA the sugar levels jump obscenely. The last time the clinic ran my numbers (during the stroke) I was well within normal ranges, like I am most of the time.
When I'm having issues like MRSA I have a big old bottle of Metformin my endocrinologist gave me just for such times.
Here's the thing that pisses me off about new doctors. Many times they barge in without bothering to look at my records. The neurology in San Jose looked at my records and was able to treat me accordingly. This young woman did not.
One of my stateside doctors terms it this way. He says that the average doctor is looking for a horse, or a mule, but what I am is a zebra, an abberation that does not fit with the norm. That's what went down today. Jim was very upset that I was fiercely arguing with the doctor. Doctors aren't perfect. They are practising medicine. I'm always going to stand up to anyone giving me what I know is incorrect medicine and information. I've been there, gotten the tattoo, no need to nag me.
Moot point anyway because by the time we got home from the doctors office I was throwing up from the massive amounts of pills I am on. They are tearing up the old stomach. Damn I feel cranky.
I just cannot catch a break with my health, which makes me wonder if I really still want to be on this planet any longer tossing in pills.
Add in that today's confloption involved a doctor I've never seen before coming in to lecture me about my blood sugar levels. Quite the head knocking because every time I get MRSA the sugar levels jump obscenely. The last time the clinic ran my numbers (during the stroke) I was well within normal ranges, like I am most of the time.
When I'm having issues like MRSA I have a big old bottle of Metformin my endocrinologist gave me just for such times.
Here's the thing that pisses me off about new doctors. Many times they barge in without bothering to look at my records. The neurology in San Jose looked at my records and was able to treat me accordingly. This young woman did not.
One of my stateside doctors terms it this way. He says that the average doctor is looking for a horse, or a mule, but what I am is a zebra, an abberation that does not fit with the norm. That's what went down today. Jim was very upset that I was fiercely arguing with the doctor. Doctors aren't perfect. They are practising medicine. I'm always going to stand up to anyone giving me what I know is incorrect medicine and information. I've been there, gotten the tattoo, no need to nag me.
Moot point anyway because by the time we got home from the doctors office I was throwing up from the massive amounts of pills I am on. They are tearing up the old stomach. Damn I feel cranky.
Comments