Two Types of People
I have noticed here among the American population there tends to be two major types.
The very old retirees - 70 plus shuffling along. Nuff said. Nothing wrong with them. I get along fine with the older timers.
The very self-impressed - Tend to be in the age range 35-late 40s. The women tend to have plastic surgery plus dyed blond hair. They all look the same, hang out at yoga and the spa and drink on the beach with their husbands who are all surfers. Usually pretty wealthy, but not always. I get along with them, but tend to snicker up my sleeve at some of the behaviors I see.
We're not really members of either group. Too young to be the older retirees. Too old, too tightwad, too practical and normal to be the second group. Very few of my friends here qualify. My friends are all the call of the weird people, like me. Why be normal?
Tonight I dodged a bullet, skipping a premiere party by one VSI couple to celebrate their episode of some international find us a house show. Booze and self congrats. Not my scene at all. Plus I don't even know them, they mysteriously friended me on Facebook, I think I've seen them around town but literally have never spoken to them.
But I did laugh uproariously after seeing that the wife posted about how they don't try to keep up with the Jones and hope no one is terribly jealous of their many travel photos. They have posted literally hundreds of photos from here. Bragged about they'd never do something as trite as take their children to Disneyworld.
Is not appearing on reality tv and bragging about it months and months in advance not also all kinds of awful? Maybe worse that bragging on travel photos or going to Disneyworld. Heck, I'm not a Disney fan but we still took our kids when they were kids several times to Disneyworld.
Here's what I know about the show, them and everything. Fake, fake and more fake. They didn't buy a house, they are renting elsewhere. Several of the properties shown are ones we turned down that were completely misrepresented on the show. Reality is rarely real, at least on television.
I hate fake, fake food, fake tv and fake ass people. I'm glad we're not a member of the second group, and many of our friends are not either.
The very old retirees - 70 plus shuffling along. Nuff said. Nothing wrong with them. I get along fine with the older timers.
The very self-impressed - Tend to be in the age range 35-late 40s. The women tend to have plastic surgery plus dyed blond hair. They all look the same, hang out at yoga and the spa and drink on the beach with their husbands who are all surfers. Usually pretty wealthy, but not always. I get along with them, but tend to snicker up my sleeve at some of the behaviors I see.
We're not really members of either group. Too young to be the older retirees. Too old, too tightwad, too practical and normal to be the second group. Very few of my friends here qualify. My friends are all the call of the weird people, like me. Why be normal?
Tonight I dodged a bullet, skipping a premiere party by one VSI couple to celebrate their episode of some international find us a house show. Booze and self congrats. Not my scene at all. Plus I don't even know them, they mysteriously friended me on Facebook, I think I've seen them around town but literally have never spoken to them.
But I did laugh uproariously after seeing that the wife posted about how they don't try to keep up with the Jones and hope no one is terribly jealous of their many travel photos. They have posted literally hundreds of photos from here. Bragged about they'd never do something as trite as take their children to Disneyworld.
Is not appearing on reality tv and bragging about it months and months in advance not also all kinds of awful? Maybe worse that bragging on travel photos or going to Disneyworld. Heck, I'm not a Disney fan but we still took our kids when they were kids several times to Disneyworld.
Here's what I know about the show, them and everything. Fake, fake and more fake. They didn't buy a house, they are renting elsewhere. Several of the properties shown are ones we turned down that were completely misrepresented on the show. Reality is rarely real, at least on television.
I hate fake, fake food, fake tv and fake ass people. I'm glad we're not a member of the second group, and many of our friends are not either.
Comments