Galetas Y Creama

Having some ice cream after a few up and down days. Jimmy boy bought a gallon of cookies and cream ice cream off the guy that peddles his Good Humor cooler door to door, along with buying corn and tomatoes and toothbrushes off a pile of door to door sales men. They saw Jim coming.

I always buy fresh warm tortillas every morn off the pleasant smiling Tico man on the bicycle who comes by every morning at 9 am. But not the bulk of stuff off the flotsam of door to door vendors Jim does.

The fleet of Joses has finally finished after nearly two weeks of digging the dirt, humping it around, pouring concreto and various hijinks with welding machinery to get the massive drainage project out of the way. We're two thousand lighter in the bank account but after yesterday and today's late torrential rain due to a cold front I can honestly say it was worth every damn penny.  The water just scooted on down to the back wall, under and out.

The hideous drag and why my posting has been scatter and miss here is the confloption that is a million Joses digging, burning, welding and painting. They felled me pretty hard with all those activities. The backhoe dug, kicking up dust - I wheezed. They burned  vegetation they tore out - I wheezed. They welded - I wheezed. They painted - I wheezed. They poured the concrete sidewalks - I wheezed. And this is with two doors between the Joses and I, and the air conditioning on I wheezed.

Rough rough two weeks for my asthma.

Due to situations with friends and family it's been a rough, rough two weeks on my nerves too. Thank eff that Maggie never showed up church. I know I have no control over other people, but there are times I wish I did. Hell, I cannot even control my own stupid body.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Strange Days and Orchids