Returning Today
It's been a great week here in Charleston, SC in our darling Airbnb house! We've cooked, we've eaten, we've played games, we've laughed and exchanged gifts.
Add in yesterday's shoppingpalooza and it's all great. Yesterday I did both a thrift shop run and the Target/Walmart thing to get the last of the things we need for our home in Costa Rica. This trip was unprecedented because I got every single thing on my list and then some. Some really cool things. Yesterday at one thrift shop I got the leftover yarns of a million projects, a bag nearly as big as my carry on bag filled with yarns, patterns and all sorts of knitting and crocheting geegaws for a grand total of 12 bucks!
Now I just have to figure out how to take that huge ceramic cookie jar shaped like a chicken back to Tama today. I never do carry ons since everyone else does, so I'm carrying the chicken on in an extra computer bag.
Funniest thing happened here in Charleston. Driving around the mall trying to get a SSscat to keep Stinky off the headboard and swimming goggles for Jim when what do my wandering eyes fall upon?
"Running round the house with a pickle in my mouth, misbehavin' "
Yes, folks, the faux church used in the filming of HBO show "The Righteous Gemstones" Perfect surreal touch for this vacation. Turns out it's filmed here. This spring/summer season two will be filmed here.
Which is kind of funny considering when I was in the local quilting shop buying out their markdown rack of fabrics and said something about running into the church. The lady sighed, pursed her lips and said she didn't like the show because it made the Christians in the area 'look bad.' I didn't bother to tell her that the creator of the show mentioned his experiences in Charleston with the local churches as being pivotal on the show. Some things are the same no matter where you go apparently.
On the flip side, being away from the interwebs and the nutballs that show up at NLQ to rant has been nothing but a positive thing. I feel rested and relaxed, and can only conclude that I need to spend far fewer hours online.
If you need me I'll be rewatching "The Righteous Gemstones"
Add in yesterday's shoppingpalooza and it's all great. Yesterday I did both a thrift shop run and the Target/Walmart thing to get the last of the things we need for our home in Costa Rica. This trip was unprecedented because I got every single thing on my list and then some. Some really cool things. Yesterday at one thrift shop I got the leftover yarns of a million projects, a bag nearly as big as my carry on bag filled with yarns, patterns and all sorts of knitting and crocheting geegaws for a grand total of 12 bucks!
Now I just have to figure out how to take that huge ceramic cookie jar shaped like a chicken back to Tama today. I never do carry ons since everyone else does, so I'm carrying the chicken on in an extra computer bag.
Funniest thing happened here in Charleston. Driving around the mall trying to get a SSscat to keep Stinky off the headboard and swimming goggles for Jim when what do my wandering eyes fall upon?
"Running round the house with a pickle in my mouth, misbehavin' "
Yes, folks, the faux church used in the filming of HBO show "The Righteous Gemstones" Perfect surreal touch for this vacation. Turns out it's filmed here. This spring/summer season two will be filmed here.
Which is kind of funny considering when I was in the local quilting shop buying out their markdown rack of fabrics and said something about running into the church. The lady sighed, pursed her lips and said she didn't like the show because it made the Christians in the area 'look bad.' I didn't bother to tell her that the creator of the show mentioned his experiences in Charleston with the local churches as being pivotal on the show. Some things are the same no matter where you go apparently.
On the flip side, being away from the interwebs and the nutballs that show up at NLQ to rant has been nothing but a positive thing. I feel rested and relaxed, and can only conclude that I need to spend far fewer hours online.
If you need me I'll be rewatching "The Righteous Gemstones"

Comments