Properly Triggered

I am very triggered at this moment.

It started the other day when someone on a message board ranted about their child's behavior at the dentist. The mother was spouting all the exact same things my own mother said around me during the same age when I was being molested by the dentist. Granted, I know there is a ton of "Not my kid!" going on in society over the behavior of kids, but this is the opposite, the "My kid is being selfish and needs to shut up!"

No, if your child is throwing up, melting down or behaving completely out of context over something simple, like going to the dentist, doctor, daycare, camp, cousin, whatever, then you need to shut up and listen to your child. Find out what's going on there. Likely more than fear of a needle, and sometimes very bad stuff indeed.

So I'm shambling along, starting to feel that fear retreating, just a hair, helping Jim move the boxes of files and office supplies stored in the sewing room closet into his desk. I decided to take a break, and up my biggest triggerer popped.

One of the drags of home ownership that I was never too good at but am finally getting better at is just going through and dealing with possessions every six months. We're throwing away piles of files and other things we've accumulated here.

I sat down at the computer with a bowl of ice cream and a drink and up he pops, Mr. Steak, the dude that is a high school friend of my husband's who is pretty foul. When he came to pick up our cats after Costa Rica refused to let me import any of the three for health reasons he was beyond inappropriate. He kept talking about oral sex and asking me if I'd ever shown my breasts to the crowd to get Mardi Gras beads while living in South Louisiana. Not conversations anyone should ever be having with a friend's wife every time the friend's back is turned.

I kept ignoring him, changing the subject, walking away to hiss at Jim I was about to kick Mr. Steaks ass because he was saying those things. Part of me really wished I had a very jealous husband at that point because watching someone else kick his ass felt like something I'd want. Jim just kept saying, "You know he's like that, he's just weird, ignore him!" before removing Mr. Steak away to visit Montecello or go out for a steak.

Mr. Steak has been blocked about a half dozen times off Twitter and Facebook for similar shenanigans. He'd sent me dirty pms and I've reported and blocked him.

Last night he pops up again on Facebook with a new profile, tried to friend me twice in a few hours, and I kept rejecting his requests.

What's so incredibly weird about all of this is that I can just sense if I gave him even the slightest encouragement, or said, yeah I'll ball you... he'd throw over his supposedly 40 plus years friendship with my husband for a piece of ass. So skeevy and off putting.

Sitting down to take a break I had a Facebook message from him and it said, and I quote "Hey there sexy! Why are you turning down my friend request? It's not like I haven't seen your tits or anything?"

My reply, and yes it is rude and ranty, but very very triggered now - "Dude, every single time I am around you, which thankfully is super duper rare, you make me want to throw up, with your four hundred pound self with boiled red legs with skin flaking off in huge sheets! I AM MARRIED TO YOUR FRIEND!!!!!!!! THIS IS BEYOND INAPPROPRIATE! NEVER SPEAK TO ME AGAIN!!"

Right after hitting send I drug Jim into the room by his ear and made him read what his friend sent me. His only response was 'Wow, that is messed up!' I know he has followed up with his friend and told him to leave me alone, but it's too late. I'm pretty shaken again by this idiot.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Strange Days and Orchids