Post That Mudding With Plague Rats



Playa Danta, gonna be a while before we are allowed back.

We had that conversation where I said "Your friend is slightly creepy/handsy" and it went well. He had noticed. It's always awkward and weird to point out that a spouse's friend is a line crosser. Next time I'll unleash the right hook.

The car is fine. It is sitting in the garage all shiny and new. No mud.

The same cannot be said of me. I am still scrubbing mud from under my toenails.

One thing is very obvious. This pandemic and my six month long bout of crazy asthma did me no favors at all in the physical strength realm. Before all of this I used to swim 50 lengths of the pool, and walked a lot of places. Not now. I'm still reacting to the chemicals of the pool. So I signed up for an online exercise class. I'll let you know how it goes. So far it is harder than I dreamed, but I need that.

There's nothing less fun than hopping out of your stuck car after putting it in neutral and pushing, feeling your weak muscles trembling and the car does not budge an inch when you know you're pushed it out before. Never again.

Things are the usual here, except that we do have slightly more stringent lockdowns going on even if the government is saying they are reopening the airports next month. We went to Grande the other evening to find that is locked again. We still trespassed, watched the sunset and walked a bit without policia showing up.

Afterward was one of our few bits of pandemic socializing. We stood around at the Taco Shack, social distancing and talking to the other gringos.

Last night I decided to try the pool anew. I have a new herbal med I am taking for my lungs that is working gangbusters, much better than the laundry list of crap the doctors have tried. Jim's plague ratting buddies with no masks showed up, and as usual it was pool only. I don't allow anyone in the house without a mask now, only outside.

Even coated with a thick layer of greasy body butter, and pilled up I did react, but more slightly than before. I hope that means that eventually I'll be able to use the pool again. If not I guess I'm going to have to walk that back road I got stuck on.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Strange Days and Orchids