Feeling Stumpy, Grumpy and Chumpy




A stump that washed ashore last week at Playa Grande. Even though the end part of the week was more like what I encountered on the main road through our village when I went to pick up medicine this very morn. Those grinning local road repair guys were at it, trundling over wheelbarrow after wheelbarrow of dirt over to the axle cracking potholes deep enough to bath in, dumping it and tamping it down while chortling and waving to me. I shook my head and smiled, knowing the first hard rain it would all dissolve. This was around 9 am. By 1 pm it was raining cats, dogs and iguanas, and all the dirt had washed out of the potholes.

Life is getting too much lately, and I'm starting to feel grumpy again, as grumpy as last month when I had to keep telling friends to back the eff off on Facebook and phones. I couldn't figure out the why then, now I have a better handle on the why.

Keep reading that people with empathetic tendencies are getting emotionally worn out in the time of COVID 19 too easily. I think that's it. In the past I could easily carry the emotional weight of my friends, the lonely, those with ongoing emotional issues, those wanting something, others making demands, rude jerks and everyone in between. Propping others up is too hard right now. Now I find it's not taking much to put me in that overwhelmed grumpy state. Listen on.

I'm dealing with getting our legal ducks in a row with the new attorney, discovery of an error in the registration of our home with the state we live in here in Costa Rica. Balls dropped by the property attorney that are going to cost money, not huge money but big enough to get your notice. Still way, way, WAY less than the cost for the same thing in the States.

The bank when we went to pay this particular bill. It's on COVID lockdown, which means one at a time coming in. Jim went in without his passport. I came along minutes later in an attempt to hand it off to him and had the worst time understanding the Spanish spoken by the guard. It wasn't the usual Tico running together of the words mixed with some slurring together. It was the Nicaraguan running together of the words mixed with their own odd slurring. It was a challenge to understand him, and my understanding is usually pretty good here. I washed my hands three times and got ordered to social distance with my mask on. He could not under I was merely handing off a passport.

Elderly aunts down in Louisiana are calling and boohooing over a laundry list of lunatic happenings, none of which involve me and I cannot get off the phone gracefully. I am getting daily calls.

A pile of folks here have discovered we had a jacuzzi so I'm fending off folks every day that want to come sit in the stinky with chemicals hot water I cannot sit in without the asthma going nuts. Constantly hosting is rubbing my rectum raw. Wet towels, drinks fetched, good will vanishing. And of course not one of them shows up masked.

Several more needy friends calling or messaging all the damn time. I cannot do a three hour conversation every single day, so the phone is mostly off and the messenger back to looking like I'm off line all the time.

Some of it is internet related.
.People adding me to groups, yet starting to talk about things that make me so uncomfortable. One group was busy today bragging about committing infidelity. If there is something that pushes my buttons it is cheating on a spouse. You wanna do that don't sneak around. You hurt too many people. It's one of the biggest reasons I divorced so quickly in my first marriage. He ran around. I told Jim well before he married me that cheating was one of my handful of non-negotiables. You cheat, you go. I'm not inclined to sit around listening to others brag about doing it. I don't want to hear that! You want to talk about it? Fine, just leave me out of it.

Watching the continuing confloption that is Katie Joy is disturbing too. One of my online friends who has been a friend for ages has taken to trying to pump me for information he then turns around and posts on the Without A Crystal Ball Reddit. I do read Reddit daily, sometimes that subReddit because I'm just jaw dropped at her constant shenanigans. I have never posted in that particular Reddit.

Add in the confloption that is the rumors and emerging copies of chat logs from pastor Steven Anderson's dirty mouthed three sons. I've updated NLQ something like six times in 24 hours as more information about the sex scandal emerges. I'm not even annoyed by his nasty supporters, who per usual are flinging filthy words at me for daring to talk about the crimes of the pastor and his family. That's a given every single time I talk about Anderson. It's the people I know who are saying that this is just another episode of "boys will be boys" No, I'm sorry, I am not buying that. Teenage boys don't routinely talk about murder and torture porn.

And the dumb little flies buzzing around a Rodrigues rumor I wrote about, pointing out it was a rumor, why it could be possible. People that do not understand words like 'rumored', 'alleged' and 'sources say' running about trying to drag my reputation on what I do for a living. Bish please! I reported it not as a fact, but as a possibility.

Maybe I just need a good night's sleep and to go back to laughing over a poorly written book by Doug Wilson in the morning. 

I would love to do a Grande beach walk in the morning, but curses, just like Thursday I do not have the right license plate number to be legally on the road to the beach in the morning. I need to feel the waves over my feet to feel right. Plus to turn off just about everything internet the second NLQ is up in the morning.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Ancient History With a Crystal Ball