Breakfast Lungs
Breakfast on Playa Tamarindo at Jonny T's yesterday
Yesterday was one of those days I hate. It starts okay and then goes very sideways for the rest.
My sleep has still been very messed up, so I was dragging from the moment I got up. I tend to read around bedtime, fall asleep face down in a book, wake up panicked later and get up to get ready for bed. By the time Jim comes to bed around 1 am he many times wakes me up and it takes awhile to get back to sleep. I tend to then wake up again around 4 am, up a few hours before crashing hard. I don't know why, but this is what's going on with my sleep. I've tried various things, like melatonin, and nothing is helping.
We went to the beach for breakfast. Jonny T's has a breakfast buffet that will run you the munificent sum of 2,500 colones, or under 5 bucks. Sitting oceanside after the beach is closed to swimmers, surfers and walkers. Beautiful views, great food. We know the owner and I hope he makes it. About 75% of the businesses in Tama are now permanently closed. Some it's shocking they failed, like the huge yoga studio "Mermaids and Sailors"
After breakfast I was still feeling strange, not quite sick, not quite right, but we went on to run local errands, go to the bookstore, the bank, stop by the produce stand, get supplements at the health food store. About the time we pulled up in front of the gym so Jim could ask his buddy for advice on getting the best stationary bike I had started to wheeze. It was hot, humid and quite dusty. We're having Sahara Dust 2.0 right now and I saw last night this years flume of dust is 79% bigger and is taking time to pass.
We'd been dust free for a few weeks so I assumed it's like every year. A week or so of the dust and it's gone. Au contraire my frere! Worst one in many years with dust expected through August. Mask donned I stayed in the car while Jim visited his gym ratting buddy.
By the time Jim returned some fifteen minutes later my asthma had started up hard. By the time he took me home right afterward my oxygen stats had fallen to 84 and my blood pressure to 82/54. Misery. Black spots before my eyes, I had to go into rescue breathing to get through it enough to get home to the nebulizer. I had rescue inhalers and various drugs but nothing touched it. One of the most intense attacks I've had in a long time.
Which just shot the day to shit immediately. Come home, guzzle drugs and take to the bed for the entire day. I lost the majority of the day yesterday to this crap.
It didn't help that we were rolling around town in our Canadian friend's trash mobile. Jim is taking it in shortly to get it detailed completely. The layer of grime didn't help the situation yesterday. I am better today but nowhere near 100% At least I can sit up now. Yesterday that was beyond my abilities.

Comments