Diferentemente
Clouds rolling over Playa Grande.
Today started well but went off the rails quickly. I was scheduled to sing in worship team today and the moment I walked in I was knocked over by the smell of industrial latex based paint. Very allergic to latex.
About three years ago I had something similar happen at our old church here. I stayed and just progressively got sicker. This time I grabbed someone in leadership, said "I am out of here and this is why" and I departed, driving straight home to the ever loving arms of my nebulizer and sweet sweet asthma drugs. That's after using my travel neb in the parking lot before leaving.
One of the big things I've been working on is a) having better boundaries and knowing when I must put myself first, like during asthma attacks. b) The other huge thing is starting to medicate much quicker, push meds first instead of waiting to see if it gets worse. Made a huge difference this time. Immediate medding mixed with popping an edible immediately instead of waiting to see if the initial drugs worked. I sailed on through without the panic attack, very calm after the edible. I slept much of the afternoon.
I'm not 100%, but I feel like I did a tremendous easy bounce back, like I've never experienced before, the quick cessation of the symptoms was amazing!
Sadly I think I'm going to have to hang up my microphone before I've even started. Today just reinforced to me yet again that making plans and seeing them through rests on my health, and it's not fair to hold the team hostage to my lungs. Only woman scheduled today, and I was felled by something as simple as paint fumes. This is the sign that this part of my life is over now, sadly enough. I'm going to have to have a hard conversation with the team leader tomorrow over this.
Comments