A Weird Start to a New Year
The crocodile infested estuary at Playa Tamarindo with pangas (boats) taking people on estuary tours. Crocodile infested fits today.
I didn't make it all the way to midnight last night I flaked out in the bed around 9, and awoke very briefly. Porque, my stray cat that decided she lives in our bedroom, got off me once the fireworks started. I was fascinated by her very un cat like behavior. She walked across the bed to where there was a small opening in the drapes and she could see out. She sat there the entire fifteen minutes locals were shooting off rockets watching. I've never seen an animal unafraid of fireworks before. Miss Porque is the most oddball but loving cat I've ever had the grace of knowing.
Fast forward to this very morning. Jim picks a fight with me on our way to feed Cissy's animals. I think he's just feeling a lot of negative emotions towards a pal who uses the crap out of him, and I'm getting the horns. I was so mad over the small nitpicky thing he was fighting over I tried to open the car door and hop out. I was hopping mad! It was one of those stupid things that happen suddenly.
Stupid friend was supposed to meet him there yesterday and give him the key. No dice, no friend. Jim finally got in yesterday to feed everyone and had to repeat it this morning. I'm next to useless because the house is on the second floor of their building, underneath is the laundry room and a separate apartment. I cannot do stairs with my balance issues.
We got back, Jim studiously ignoring me, me behaving like everything is fine, even when it's not. He took a nap and I went to scrub the guesthouse for our guest Thomas arriving on Monday. He found me finishing up two hours later and was in a much better mood. He'd seen I'd taken care of the thing he was mad about, putting new slipcovers on the chaise lounge chairs on the deck. Such a small dumb thing.
I found out that he'd been calling his friend for days, and that Jim is freaking out over the disappearance of their dog yesterday. Friend's husband only picked up twice, and was so incredibly non committal about showing up to look for the dog, or feed the animals or anything to do with his ex wife. It's getting to Jim. I think that was the core issue that started the fight. Couldn't yell at friend avoiding him so here I am.
He said, and I quote "This is a weird start to a new year." You think? Don't pick fights with me then.
I reminded him yet again that someone behaving like that is NOT his friend at all. Right now he's at that lady's house, looking for the dog again, and his friend is supposed to be there too. I am hoping he gave friend a piece of his mind. Friend goes back to the States in two weeks and I bet he asks Jim for a ride.
In the meantime this lady wants me to pick her up from the airport Monday at noon, but I had to tell her I could not do it. We're picking up Thomas then. It's just going to be impossible. She wants to give me a list of stuff she needs from PriceSmart, but I had to explain it would be next to impossible because of Thomas' luggage will pretty much fill the back of our CRV. He's bringing a couple of suitcases because he's traveling on down to Panama and then Peru.
All these requests are stressful.
At least now my house and guesthouse are eat off the floor clean. Tomorrow no cleaning, just artwork. I may unplug the phone.
Comments