The Usual Holiday BS


Merry Christmas, or whatever holiday you are celebrating. Pick one.

Tomorrow I fly to the States with the hubby. Today he pops up with more mrsa. The only good thing of today is that our doctor leaned on him to wear a mask and stop trying to pet stray kitties. He got scratched hard on Sunday for picking up one of the random strays that come eat at our feral colony feeding we do. It got him but good. He was oozing pus and his hand smelled weird. The good news is that rabies have been eradicated in Costa Rica, so he's not having to get the series of painful injections in his stomach.

I ran around like a maniac today trying to find my blood pressure med. None of the supply houses here have it. It's disappeared nation wide. Going off patent into the whole generic thing and I'm caught in the several months this is happening in. Last month Price Smart set me up with the individual drugs that make it up, but it's kind of a pain to haul around multiple pills in place of the one.

One thing I'm not looking forward to is the fact that I woke up this morning with a cold. I dislike flying at the best of times, I seriously dislike flying while ill. We're going to have to mask tomorrow in the airports and on the planes. I am not looking forward to the asshole brigade sounding off about it. I have decided I am going to snap at each and every single one, "He has CANCER!!" if I get any other twaddle from strangers.

Going through my sweaters and winter pants I'm sadly discovering I have very few winter clothes. Gonna be a cold two weeks.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Ancient History With a Crystal Ball