The Vada Jade Art Plagiarism Drama
Original acrylic painting by myself done entirely with a palette knife of a photo I took of sunset looking towards Playa Langosta.
Yesterday I did something rather out of character for me, but not entirely. For the last year or better I've sat on my personal opinion of someone in the Katie Joy WOACB Anti community, a gal that goes by the online moniker of Vada Jade. No longer, I did a video on YouTube outlining what plagiarism is in the art world. It's a good distraction from the fact that we just discovered via additional tests that Jim has a few cardiac issues that potentially impact his cancer treatment.
Vada approached me a few years ago out of the blue on that same reach out and try to touch me bad touch edition platform - Facebook. All the oddballs use Facebook messenger to reach out to me. She acted in turns like she knew me, and did some random trauma dumping, all the while attempting to get some positive strokes. She seemed desperate to gain my approval for her about to be launched YouTube channel. She kept spamming me graphics and openings she claimed to have done.
I was incredibly off put by this. This is was not too different than the original approach made to me by WOACB during my Patheos days. A similar approach. I got the icks so hard, creeped out.
When Vada skipped off to do whatever I washed my hands and turned back to whatever I was doing. She didn't immediately start her channel, and would pop up a few times with the same approach. I was so icked out by the inappropriateness of her approach I quietly blocked her and moved along.
Fast forward to about a year ago, Vada pops up again, just like WOACB on all brand new social media accounts. She tries to message me again, I groan, sigh and cheerfully ignore her, wanting zero part of whatever madness this was. If there was anything the last few years have taught me is that brand new WOACB Anti YouTubers usually crash and burn after promoting false information. I don't engage with them at all. I just have no patience after my stroke two years ago. Sometimes the better part of valor is just ignoring these folks, letting them do their thing. Others like Steve have endless patience for new folks, leave it to them.
There was just a couple of problems. Vada Jade just would not leave me the freak alone. Just like KJ she kept popping up every now and then on those new social accounts. I stopped accepting any of them, in fact I got so annoyed with her attempts to contact me, drag me into her endless dramas I cared nothing about that I started actively blocking her about six months ago. Between the last four months of Jim's health issues and my own various bodily conniption fits I have no energy for anyone outside of the walls of my finca, not her, not KJ, no one else, just my family.
When she'd come back around and attempt to friend me again during Jim's tests I'd started to grumble somewhat publicly. Before this I was perfectly content to allow Steve or whoever to hold whatever opinion on Vada they wanted. I knew to speak out would divide my friends. Many of them do not seem to realize that you can still be friends with folks who don't always agree with you on everything. Their loss, I still like them, but predict I'm about to be demonized and vilified. I had to get where my dislike of Vada was greater than my not wanting to lose anyone in the internet world. I have to hold fast to my own personal truth.
Since July I've heard from my artist friends who are on the ends of the Anti community about faked art work, videos of Vada Jade showing mass produced artwork pieces as her own. When busted by Burnt Toast over the plagiarism she called Toasty some rather nasty names before explaining that she modified the original artwork, making it her own, an obvious falsehood that just made her look ever more ridiculous. A few days ago after having more folks discussing this I took at a look at the videos and oh my freaking goddess it was way worse than anything I dreamed! Jesse Larusso also did a video.
I've spent the past few days talking to Martin and others who are artists within the various communities I know and the general consensus seems to be visual plagiarism, copyright violation and art theft. It's pretty clear this happened, even as Vada Jade removed the videos. How very KJ of her.

Comments