Salty, Your Table For One is Ready!

 

Sunset at Braselito where I never walk any longer after finding out that the fish market and some of the nearby shacks dump their waste straight in the ocean. I always wondered why their beach stunk!

So I'm so over my last week of outrage at Vada Jade for art plagiarism, and tired of the games played on all sides. I am blocking both because when *coughcoughsharlacough and Nonsense show up there can be no rationality, just more petty feuds. Go pound sand you guys!

Had a shock the other day that I'm still trying to navigate. Our new housesitter expects to stay in the house, not the guesthouse, so I'm about to have to be very ugly about this and say guesthouse or no housesitting and lock the place, set the alarms and put the catfood on a timed feeder.. I don't mind if she uses the hot tub, the sauna or the pool, just not the house! I'm still shaken up over what happened this summer. Still to this day I find things completely ruined by the last housesitter and those allowed in. Latest crapola, missing art supplies, empty boxes in the pantry missing some of my PriceSmart food. 

We're still packing for the trip next week and Jim will be starting cancer treatments when we get back. I'm worried about the trip because of the ankle sprain 10 weeks ago that is still not much better. Last Monday I was at the doctor's and she said to take the prescription anti inflammatory, and stay off the foot. I am staying off the foot, even put up the Christmas tree sitting on the seat of my Zimmer frame. One day into taking the drug I had to ditch because I had the same bad reaction I seem to have with all prescription anti inflammatory drugs. I'm limping along with otc and keep the foot up and iced. Not working. I don't want to get hauled about like a sack of potatoes in a wheelchair but may not have any option. Unless I just take the drug for a day or two and gut through the side effects. No optimal but might be the only real option.

Also worried because we're starting to have conversations with family about what's to come with Jim, and I'm not sure how I feel about a house filled with folks during his treatments. It happened when he had kidney cancer and his first parathyroid gland treatment. I think I'm going to have to draw my circle very tightly during the treatments. Conversations ongoing.

I dread to see how nutty his church friends will get. They got pretty nutty last year during his gall bladder removal. Add in how nutty everyone at the old church acted during his kidney cancer and I am anticipating having to verbally smack a few of them.

Add in that we're having to navigate additional health challenges with him right now and I'm feeling on edge, just like I have since all this started in September. 

Calm blue ocean, calm blue ocean, looking forward to shopping in the USA, Christmas with my kids and getting to see some real winter weather again. However I am packing my long johns. Anything below 70 degrees feels like the Arctic tundra!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Ancient History With a Crystal Ball