Hello Norma
Boats off Tamarindo. They really need to built a harbor now.
I finally found my missing jewelry. Just inexpensive costumer jewelry. Every single time I stay alone at my mother's house I have two or three pieces go missing because of Norma. Times three trips that is about nine pieces.
Who is Norma? My mother's late husband's second wife. The one he was married to all during his and my mother's many years long affair. I knew Norma. I knew Norma pretty well because whenever she'd drink she'd call the house when I was a teen. I spent many a long evening talking to Norma trying futilely to reason with her, begging her to stop calling so I could study. Once she died my mother and her love married, and moved into Norma's house on the country club fairway. I begged my mother to buy another house in that neighborhood, not to move into that place but she listens to me about as well as I ever heeded her advice to me.
Here's the thing. I have always felt some sort of hostile oppression spirit there through the years, and used to pray in that place as well as do some of the other crazy "Run the evil spirits off" things I learned at toxic church. Now I'm coming and going, me who has always seen dead people, and I'm seeing her now. This last trip she was quite active, shaking the bed a few times every night until I finally ended up doing the rituals I have used many times. I was so pissed off with her that I gave her an ultimatum to return my jewelry or I'd sage the place next time and run her off.
Trust me, I know exactly how crazy all this sounds. I have seen dead folks since I was three. I see very few here (thank you Jesus!) but I do see them. The last time was as we were trying to back out the car in Brasilito. It set off our car backup warning device and displayed a large white shape sort of formless and misty. Looking out the back window or in the mirror showed nothing. That one was strange. I'm more used to seeing someone just appear, with their almost life like appearance.
Yesterday I opened the zippered pouch I put crochet hooks and travel scissors in when I'm traveling. I had a few very small balls of left over yarn balls too, left over from projects. My missing jewelry from all three trips was there, even if I only brought the pouch this last time. It was all tangled up in the yarns. I now have most of everything that went missing. I am still missing a ring and a pair of earrings but everything else is back. I guess Norma did give it back. Go Norma! It's a freaking Christmas miracle!
One thing I have learned from Norma's sad story and things I've heard from the dead. Do not leave unfinished business. Tell those you love that you love them now. That you forgive them. That you're so sorry for what you did. Nearly everyone I have encountered from the other side has big regrets and unfinished business, no closures.
Church tonight was pretty horrid everything that could go wrong did go wrong. Home with severe asthma again and laying in the bed. I will be having a low key Christmas tomorrow here. No beach, too many tourists. Christmas week is tourist season on steroids. But the cakes are made and the crockpot is loaded with all the ingredients for red beans so we're golden.

Comments