Powerful Weaklings
Starting with a song by Jason Upton - Freedom
I love this lyric:
" Well, we live in a country supposedly Pharoah-lessBut all over town and in churches abidePowerful weaklings who practice they're politicsStealing from Jesus his beautiful brideWhether you're Pharisees, Sadducees, heresiesYou best get outta God's way!"
This is what went down yesterday with the Ogress texting my husband every five minutes all day long ringing his chimes by accusing him of stealing or misplacing money. I believe now that she set him up. She was so incredibly upset that we stopped all favors to her, stopped her swimming daily in our pool, and the husband stopped going out of his way to help him. She blames me, but she decided to torment him in order to upset me. She's a powerful weakling.
While it did upset me the only thing I did was leave it alone and spill my ire here, and think of ways to expose or dethrone her. While I'm annoyed she's done this by late yesterday a passel of folks came forward to say they saw the husband hand her the bank bag. Not only that but the pastor told her to look around her house because he saw the hand over and he knows she's lost the deposit in her house, just like many times before. I laughed so hard when I read that one! Burn.
Today she's been 100% silent. Not a peep. No zillion accusatory texts like yesterday winding up my husband's anxiety. I am glad because while I might fume here and think about payback, where the rubber meets the road I'm not going to do anything but rant.
Now the next time we have a group financial meeting about the church I will attend and publicly question her methods for dealing with the money. Needs to happen. At all of the churches I've attended as an adult I've been involved in the counting of the weekly tithing. I know the rules and the laws behind them that the IRS uses. She's violating all of them. This church is a plant of a larger church in Texas, and supposed to abide by good counting practices to hold everyone accountable and safe guard the monies. The meeting was supposed to be in two weeks but due to how close to the holidays it is it is being postponed to a later date. Bring it on! Not for "revenge" but because now I'm concerned by the fact that there is no safety in place for anyone handling the money. This has also had the effect of opening the eyes of the handful of people who count, everyone is upset and thinks they could be next. The general consensus is that something big needs to change. I could not agree more.
Comments