A Weighty Subject
One of the few things I insisted upon after Jim's hospitalization is that we fly back to Tamarindo instead of taking that five hour bus ride back. I kept remember how much I puked on the ride back from my stroke, not looking forward to Jim and his bulky orthopedic appliances being on th at bus. I sensed he might have as horrible a time as I did. I insisted on the flight, went online to find and book two seats on one of the commuter tree hopper flights for Easter Sunday.
Throughout Jim's time in the hospital he kept crowing that he thought he'd lost a lot of weight. His weight has been mostly up since we moved to CR and their delicious versions of junk food. I've lost some more, Jim's gained.
I couldn't figure out why he would think that when he was ordering up a hot cocoa from dietary a few times a day. He laid in the bed and he ate.
The big shocker for Jim happened when we rolled up for our flight. Here in Costa Rica when you take those small tree hopper flights in country not only do they weigh your luggage, they weigh you too. I got on the scale with my two bags weighing 15 pounds each and was well under the weight limit, as it should be. I've been steadily losing slowly for a long time now.
Jim gets on the scale, holding nothing, and is way over, by about 40 pounds. Highest he's ever weighed. I had to break out our Visa card and pay an additional 50 bucks for his ticket.
He kept complaining all the way home, even when we were transferred from plane to plane because our plane had developed a mechanical problem. Upset, not wanting to hear that laying in bed for four days plus eating big meals with hot cocoa translates into a higher weight. I pointed out that some might be water weight in the part they did surgery on and that he hasn't been able to move his bowels for days now. All of those things can contribute to a higher weight. It's not a big deal.
Jim made the mistake of complaining about it on Facebook and in swoops our mutual friend, trying to sign him up for her MLM. Her MLM, the name that escapes me now, is basically a modified Keto diet. You buy supplements, recipes and coaching from the MLM. Why, I don't know, because everything they are providing is information you can find for free online.
Not to mention that the Keto diet is not good for long term. It's hard on your body, and yeah, people on it are starting to have the same experience I did, a ministroke out of the blue.
But I think I'm really pissed about her constant approaches pushing her MLM for two reasons. One, true friends do not look at friendship as a means to exploit to get more MLM members.
The second one being that she forgets I've known her for many years, well over twenty. I've seen her lose weight, I've seen her gain. I've seen her do every fad diet known to mankind before falling face first into a plate of doughnuts. She even went so far as to get a gastric bypass. I've watched her struggle.
I don't think her MLM is the answer. based on past history with her I know that even as she's lost some weight eventually she's going to return to eating the same stuff as always and she'll gain. She's not a credible weight loss source.
It's not a secret. To lose weight you have to eat less and more more. No MLMs needed. If we could get past the lies and junk in our minds about our relationships with food I suspect we'd all be thinner.
Now if I could just get her to back off.
Throughout Jim's time in the hospital he kept crowing that he thought he'd lost a lot of weight. His weight has been mostly up since we moved to CR and their delicious versions of junk food. I've lost some more, Jim's gained.
I couldn't figure out why he would think that when he was ordering up a hot cocoa from dietary a few times a day. He laid in the bed and he ate.
The big shocker for Jim happened when we rolled up for our flight. Here in Costa Rica when you take those small tree hopper flights in country not only do they weigh your luggage, they weigh you too. I got on the scale with my two bags weighing 15 pounds each and was well under the weight limit, as it should be. I've been steadily losing slowly for a long time now.
Jim gets on the scale, holding nothing, and is way over, by about 40 pounds. Highest he's ever weighed. I had to break out our Visa card and pay an additional 50 bucks for his ticket.
He kept complaining all the way home, even when we were transferred from plane to plane because our plane had developed a mechanical problem. Upset, not wanting to hear that laying in bed for four days plus eating big meals with hot cocoa translates into a higher weight. I pointed out that some might be water weight in the part they did surgery on and that he hasn't been able to move his bowels for days now. All of those things can contribute to a higher weight. It's not a big deal.
Jim made the mistake of complaining about it on Facebook and in swoops our mutual friend, trying to sign him up for her MLM. Her MLM, the name that escapes me now, is basically a modified Keto diet. You buy supplements, recipes and coaching from the MLM. Why, I don't know, because everything they are providing is information you can find for free online.
Not to mention that the Keto diet is not good for long term. It's hard on your body, and yeah, people on it are starting to have the same experience I did, a ministroke out of the blue.
But I think I'm really pissed about her constant approaches pushing her MLM for two reasons. One, true friends do not look at friendship as a means to exploit to get more MLM members.
The second one being that she forgets I've known her for many years, well over twenty. I've seen her lose weight, I've seen her gain. I've seen her do every fad diet known to mankind before falling face first into a plate of doughnuts. She even went so far as to get a gastric bypass. I've watched her struggle.
I don't think her MLM is the answer. based on past history with her I know that even as she's lost some weight eventually she's going to return to eating the same stuff as always and she'll gain. She's not a credible weight loss source.
It's not a secret. To lose weight you have to eat less and more more. No MLMs needed. If we could get past the lies and junk in our minds about our relationships with food I suspect we'd all be thinner.
Now if I could just get her to back off.
Comments