Burnt

Seriously sunburned right now. Me who never burns.

Why? Earlier last week I went to an animal rescue with my daughter and they invited me to volunteer since I'm local and I have animal rescue experience, big bird handling. I have, I have worked a few hours there over two days. The first day was wonderful preparing foods for the animals and feeding them. I got to bottle feed a baby sloth.

The second day? Hmm, not so much. I got sunburned very quickly out in the smoky haze and overcast afternoon I spend traipsing about in the bush trying to wrangle various animals in the path of a fire.

We went to the edge of the fire in the marimba woods to meet with firefighters and other animal rescue folks to scoop up a frightened (and very fast) youngish scorched coatimundi and a few other animals. It was a comedy of errors that took way way too long. We could have made a comedy skit out of all the crazy stuff that happened.

I ended up with sunburned lips, backs of my knees, backs of my neck and arms and inner thighs. All weird places that usually only get some sunlight during my hour long daily swim. I was out sweating and running around stooped over animal wrangling three hours.

Jim and I are supposed to visit Samara Beach in the morning but I'm not sure how I'll do with my weirdly placed sunburn. I guess I'll have to get sunscreen. Arms and legs are good. Weird places not so much.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Ancient History With a Crystal Ball