My Bullshit Meter
Back before I met my husband I worked at a chair restaurant. One big in the South and South West and prided itself on home cooked style foods. Ever now and then upper management would come up with some bullshit programs to try to increase employee moral and better service goals.
Even all the way back them I was sort of snarky and sarcastic. I remember they did a program with a name like 'Warm and Fuzzy' and if you were found to be doing something friendly and personable for the customers you'd get a piece of pompom called an actual 'Warm and Fuzzy' stuck to your name tag. I remember rolling my eyes then and chortling out that if the company was really interested in improving moral they would have taken the amount they blew on this program and given all of us bonuses instead of a childish 'atta boy' in the form of those silly fluffy pompoms.
I had no use for bullshit then and I do not have any tolerance for it now.
Lately it seems like the bullshit levels at Lori Alexander's various social media and blogs are getting really really thick and high. What do I mean?
Well, it's like this. Jim has been dreadfully sick for three days now. He cannot get out of bed for more than a few minutes. He's hacking, coughing, sneezing and wheezing. Dreadful. So sick.
While he's been laying in the bed I've been doing my usual stuff, washing clothing, mopping, doing dishes, cooking, working on NLQ, doing repair on his shorts and taking in some clothing I've lost too much weight to wear. Girly things.
The sad truth of the matter is that I do all the same gendered chores as Lori Alexander has her maid do, or she does herself. I don't make a big deal out of it because I'm an adult, those things have to get done and I like clean house, clean clothes and good food.
Today I also topped off the swimming pool and hot tub, I skimmed leaves, vacuumned, tested the chemicals in both. I repaired an expensive pair of New Balance shoes. I scraped old paint on the outside of the guesthouse. I watered the lawn and garden. I did a minor plumbing repair and I changed out a showerhead. I worked on balancing the checkbooks. I did the weekly grocery shopping and ran to the hardware store alone.
Most of these things are things my husband usually does. I guess Lori would say they are 'manly' things. I didn't mind. No one nagged or asked me, or guilted me into doing it. I just knew that they needed doing, Jim is too sick to do them, and I don't mind. For all I know I'll end up with that nasty cold next week and Jim will be fixing dinner or running down to the Yum Yum Pollo joint to fetch a meal plus doing laundry and all the other things I usually do.
This is what mature rational adults do. What needs to be done without bullshit labels, or assumptions that only a penis or vagina possessor can accomplsih those tasks.
Lori limits herself and makes everyone else miserable with her bullshit divisions of labor.
Even all the way back them I was sort of snarky and sarcastic. I remember they did a program with a name like 'Warm and Fuzzy' and if you were found to be doing something friendly and personable for the customers you'd get a piece of pompom called an actual 'Warm and Fuzzy' stuck to your name tag. I remember rolling my eyes then and chortling out that if the company was really interested in improving moral they would have taken the amount they blew on this program and given all of us bonuses instead of a childish 'atta boy' in the form of those silly fluffy pompoms.
I had no use for bullshit then and I do not have any tolerance for it now.
Lately it seems like the bullshit levels at Lori Alexander's various social media and blogs are getting really really thick and high. What do I mean?
Well, it's like this. Jim has been dreadfully sick for three days now. He cannot get out of bed for more than a few minutes. He's hacking, coughing, sneezing and wheezing. Dreadful. So sick.
While he's been laying in the bed I've been doing my usual stuff, washing clothing, mopping, doing dishes, cooking, working on NLQ, doing repair on his shorts and taking in some clothing I've lost too much weight to wear. Girly things.
The sad truth of the matter is that I do all the same gendered chores as Lori Alexander has her maid do, or she does herself. I don't make a big deal out of it because I'm an adult, those things have to get done and I like clean house, clean clothes and good food.
Today I also topped off the swimming pool and hot tub, I skimmed leaves, vacuumned, tested the chemicals in both. I repaired an expensive pair of New Balance shoes. I scraped old paint on the outside of the guesthouse. I watered the lawn and garden. I did a minor plumbing repair and I changed out a showerhead. I worked on balancing the checkbooks. I did the weekly grocery shopping and ran to the hardware store alone.
Most of these things are things my husband usually does. I guess Lori would say they are 'manly' things. I didn't mind. No one nagged or asked me, or guilted me into doing it. I just knew that they needed doing, Jim is too sick to do them, and I don't mind. For all I know I'll end up with that nasty cold next week and Jim will be fixing dinner or running down to the Yum Yum Pollo joint to fetch a meal plus doing laundry and all the other things I usually do.
This is what mature rational adults do. What needs to be done without bullshit labels, or assumptions that only a penis or vagina possessor can accomplsih those tasks.
Lori limits herself and makes everyone else miserable with her bullshit divisions of labor.
Comments