Beaches, Massages, Shopping and Insanity
It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. Today started off with a bang. Both Jim and I were stumbling around from early on. We went to the beach a few days ago for the first time since his accident. He to get a massage, me to walk my fat ass down the beach to the estuary. I've discovered a path along side the estuary and places I'd never been and I was off like a shot to crocodile watch and walk, and maybe scare the crap out of a few gringos swimming near the crocs. They so many times ignore the warning signs about not swimming in that end of the beach. I know, I know, I'm mean because I get something of a charge out of pointing out exactly where the croc is to them.
Unfortunately I was so fascinated by the new path I discovered I went way, way, way away from the beach, our car and Jim's masseuse. One of those situations where you're so fascinated, absorbed in what you are doing you pay no attention to time and tide. I walked much farther than usual, and didn't realize it until my hips and leg muscles started protesting Something like three miles maybe instead of my usual one or two.
I came limping back just in time to see Jim's regular masseuse was scrubbing his various wounds with the local version Hibiclens and spraying them down with what turned out to be a combination antibiotic and testosterone spray. I'm apparently still in the dark ages of nursing wounds because I'm a Bactine, Bag Balm and let that sucker scab up kind of a gal. Yes, I was squeamishly trying to avoid looking directly at his wounds even as she kept trying to show me. I am a terrible nurse!
So we've both been limping around for a few days now. We both limped today, even if it was back to Liberia to fetch our Canadian friend at the airport, and lawdamercy shopping! Thankfully I remembered to stop and have a meal first before shopping to keep from filling the cart with pizza and other not so good for you things. Needed things from the hardware store too and a big box membership store. Good times.
What was and wasn't good times was standing in line at the coffee shop early on and my phone blew up with people messaging me that The Transformed Wife Lori Alexander was complaining that Facebook sent her an email stating they would be deleting her page. I wasn't entirely surprised, after all Lori keeps being put in time out by Facebook, two days here, three there, for hate speech and the like. Jim had to ask why I was uttering that unholy cackle and I had to confess to a serious load of schadenfreude. I got quite the laugh before getting on with my day, silently cursing that I would be away from my computer all day.
Every place I stopped and looked at my messages the story got more amusing, from Lori forcing Ken to call up Facebook to demand an answer, to Lori putting up a pile of posts about it and paying to push and promote those posts (bet you tomorrow or the next day we'll see her bragging about going viral)
Newsflash to Lori. Paying extra to promote your posts on Facebook so you can claim viral status is like bragging about losing your virginity to a sex doll. Not genuine.
As the day went on she got more insane, to the point where Lori was recruiting random members of her chat room to edit and ban people. Lori and her minions took close to a thousand comments down and banned a huge number of people. Insanity!
By the time I got home and put up a short post on NLQ about this it had already been revealed that Lori fell for a hoax email, a phishing attempt. Now I'm sitting back waiting to see what happens next. If Lori clicked on those links, or replied, or downloaded a virus in her frantic attempt to keep from deletion. I guess it would be mean, meaner than telling other gringos to stop trying to feed themselves to the crocodiles, to hope she's been hacked.
Unfortunately I was so fascinated by the new path I discovered I went way, way, way away from the beach, our car and Jim's masseuse. One of those situations where you're so fascinated, absorbed in what you are doing you pay no attention to time and tide. I walked much farther than usual, and didn't realize it until my hips and leg muscles started protesting Something like three miles maybe instead of my usual one or two.
I came limping back just in time to see Jim's regular masseuse was scrubbing his various wounds with the local version Hibiclens and spraying them down with what turned out to be a combination antibiotic and testosterone spray. I'm apparently still in the dark ages of nursing wounds because I'm a Bactine, Bag Balm and let that sucker scab up kind of a gal. Yes, I was squeamishly trying to avoid looking directly at his wounds even as she kept trying to show me. I am a terrible nurse!
So we've both been limping around for a few days now. We both limped today, even if it was back to Liberia to fetch our Canadian friend at the airport, and lawdamercy shopping! Thankfully I remembered to stop and have a meal first before shopping to keep from filling the cart with pizza and other not so good for you things. Needed things from the hardware store too and a big box membership store. Good times.
What was and wasn't good times was standing in line at the coffee shop early on and my phone blew up with people messaging me that The Transformed Wife Lori Alexander was complaining that Facebook sent her an email stating they would be deleting her page. I wasn't entirely surprised, after all Lori keeps being put in time out by Facebook, two days here, three there, for hate speech and the like. Jim had to ask why I was uttering that unholy cackle and I had to confess to a serious load of schadenfreude. I got quite the laugh before getting on with my day, silently cursing that I would be away from my computer all day.
Every place I stopped and looked at my messages the story got more amusing, from Lori forcing Ken to call up Facebook to demand an answer, to Lori putting up a pile of posts about it and paying to push and promote those posts (bet you tomorrow or the next day we'll see her bragging about going viral)
Newsflash to Lori. Paying extra to promote your posts on Facebook so you can claim viral status is like bragging about losing your virginity to a sex doll. Not genuine.
As the day went on she got more insane, to the point where Lori was recruiting random members of her chat room to edit and ban people. Lori and her minions took close to a thousand comments down and banned a huge number of people. Insanity!
By the time I got home and put up a short post on NLQ about this it had already been revealed that Lori fell for a hoax email, a phishing attempt. Now I'm sitting back waiting to see what happens next. If Lori clicked on those links, or replied, or downloaded a virus in her frantic attempt to keep from deletion. I guess it would be mean, meaner than telling other gringos to stop trying to feed themselves to the crocodiles, to hope she's been hacked.
Comments