Backroads and Corona Dumb-Dumbs
If you know anything about me in real life you know I love my short cuts, my backroads. Today I took two new ones, one up and over the mountains on the backside of Tama instead of the one paved road in. On my way out I took the road past the airport, that winds around past the wetlands.
Both were wonderful. I got to see houses for sale here and there, found where the chocolate tour is and drove through some of the prettiest farmlands I've seen in ages. The road back behind the airport was glorious. Not paved but smoothly graded surrounded by wide open fields filled with cattle. Didn't have to ford any rivers or deal with traffic in and out of town.
Had to go to town to pick up a cut rate Swiffer-knock off. My old one finally broke. No mopping Swiffer like things, so I'll have to pick one up tomorrow in Liberia when we pick up our friend. Instead I got treated to the stupidest reaction of all time to my Vog mask.
Pulled into the back parking lot for the only really luxurious shopping area in Tama, and saw some rather fluffy older what looked like American tourists standing near the mall entrance. All three were furiously puffing away in their cigarettes. Right under the "No Fumar" sign (no smoking). Cigarette fumes plus me equals asthma. They show no signs of moving along, they don' speak Spanish and are ignoring the security guard's pleas in Spanish to no fumar.
No biggee, not worth hassling with even if I wish they were smoking away from the entrance. It is at times like these that I don my mask before leaving the car. I have a very pretty Vog mask, turquoise blue with hummingbirds and tropical flowers that fits exactly and is the greatest thing ever in my battle to keep breathing.
People tend to look when I put it on, but usually it's just a quick glance. But not today. My eyes are swollen and red due to the palm pollens, and I'm wearing that mask. It's in the pocket of my purse because of the random reactions during the palm blooming season. I'm pretty quickly aware I'm getting not so much curious quick glances. I'm getting downright glares from many of the Americans in the place. I don't know why.
Until three sheets to the wind random American with a cart filled with beer and alcohol starts yelling at me. He is convinced I have the Corona Virus and am walking around spreading that shit. Tried to explain it's because of the pulsating crowd of perfumes, cleansers and the lurking smokers. I'm just trying to keep breathing here, buddy.
And so it begins, the American crazy, fear mongering over what you do not understand. Someone wearing a filtration mask is merely trying to stay well. Don't judge and jump to rash conclusions.
Both were wonderful. I got to see houses for sale here and there, found where the chocolate tour is and drove through some of the prettiest farmlands I've seen in ages. The road back behind the airport was glorious. Not paved but smoothly graded surrounded by wide open fields filled with cattle. Didn't have to ford any rivers or deal with traffic in and out of town.
Had to go to town to pick up a cut rate Swiffer-knock off. My old one finally broke. No mopping Swiffer like things, so I'll have to pick one up tomorrow in Liberia when we pick up our friend. Instead I got treated to the stupidest reaction of all time to my Vog mask.
Pulled into the back parking lot for the only really luxurious shopping area in Tama, and saw some rather fluffy older what looked like American tourists standing near the mall entrance. All three were furiously puffing away in their cigarettes. Right under the "No Fumar" sign (no smoking). Cigarette fumes plus me equals asthma. They show no signs of moving along, they don' speak Spanish and are ignoring the security guard's pleas in Spanish to no fumar.
No biggee, not worth hassling with even if I wish they were smoking away from the entrance. It is at times like these that I don my mask before leaving the car. I have a very pretty Vog mask, turquoise blue with hummingbirds and tropical flowers that fits exactly and is the greatest thing ever in my battle to keep breathing.
People tend to look when I put it on, but usually it's just a quick glance. But not today. My eyes are swollen and red due to the palm pollens, and I'm wearing that mask. It's in the pocket of my purse because of the random reactions during the palm blooming season. I'm pretty quickly aware I'm getting not so much curious quick glances. I'm getting downright glares from many of the Americans in the place. I don't know why.
Until three sheets to the wind random American with a cart filled with beer and alcohol starts yelling at me. He is convinced I have the Corona Virus and am walking around spreading that shit. Tried to explain it's because of the pulsating crowd of perfumes, cleansers and the lurking smokers. I'm just trying to keep breathing here, buddy.
And so it begins, the American crazy, fear mongering over what you do not understand. Someone wearing a filtration mask is merely trying to stay well. Don't judge and jump to rash conclusions.
Comments