Insomnia, Crowds and Chick Tracts

I could not sleep last night, even after the noises trailed off outside about 12:30. I had a bout of the worlds stupidest and most annoying thing ever. Just random anxiety, sleep anxiety. You can be in a deep sleep, and suddenly wake up and worry if you remembered to turn off the hose when watering the plants earlier, or remember some snappy retort you should have made back in high school to some jerk bugging you, or you just become completely convinced that the worst case scenario is about to happen to you, even if there's no evidence anything will happen.

It sucks. I deal with it off and on. But it makes the next day suck horribly. You cannot think, you've missed so much sleep that it feels like you're moving through wet cement.

Jim was agitating for us to go into the big Tama in the morning to pick up cash at the bank and walk the beach. Kept telling him that was the height of foolishness during this crazy week, but he kept insisting. I was dragging, and eventually just told him to go on without me when my mother called. He quickly returned to tell me it was insano crowded yet again. You'd think he'd learn by now.

Drug around the house today. worked on a new quilt, took a quick nap and swam before curling up with a Christmas oddity a friend gave me. A set of over twenty of those awful Jack Chick tracts for some light reading. I'm still sleepy but now I'm sleepy and laughing. Whoever thought this much racism and stereotyping could lead anyone to Jesus?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Ancient History With a Crystal Ball