Moar Cats
Scabby Bun Bun making himself at home on Jim's motorcycle
So tired tonight I cannot talk about what I want to speak about, depression in the women of the church, friends with horrible problems, the coming tropical storm/hurricane Iota scheduled to make landfall here in Central America and other inanities. Instead I am reduced to talking about our strays, our many many strays we feed now. After the last few insane days in the world that is Katie Joy Paulson of Without a Crystal Ball. Last night she doxxed someone again on Unirocks Discord server. Not the first time she's done that. Her behavior is getting more and more unhinged with every day that passes, safer to enjoy my cats and hot tub.
It's costing us a small fortune in dry cat food. This afternoon after I hauled a 25 pound bag of Don Gato (translation: Mr. Cat) home Stinky started licking the bag and the photo of the cat on the bag. He's hard to keep out of the dry food even if he's fed almost entirely wet food. He still craves the dry, but only if he bites through the bag and purloins it. Will not eat it if offered. Plus he loves to bite through the wrapper on good french bread and other deli breads I don't get it.
At last count I think we have a good bakers dozen of strays. Scabby comes and goes all day and all night, sometimes napping in the guestroom on the bed. He's getting more tame all the time. Last night he had his dinner, followed me to my chair and sat on my feet begging until I fed him some of the ham and crackers from my dinner. Sometimes he gets up and cuddles me on the sofa. Quite the change from the scared skinny guy that started showing up three months ago.
Pork is the other regular. She lives on the window sills. Not kidding, she cruises from window to window all day long except at nap time. Then she takes up residence on one of the chaise lounges. When she hears me step outside, or hears my voice she comes running now to be petted. Only stepped foot into the house twice now.
The others come and go, some extremely shy, some not so shy. Somehow I've morphed back into a little old cat lady.

Comments