Crashing

 

OOur walk yesterday morning on the beach at Tama right after picking up that missing Ipad.

The weird bad thing about the Ipad is that it's not my Ipad. It's some replacement Ipad he scared up and tried to say was mine. It's a newer model, lacking the personalized inscription on the back of mine and without the dinged up metal bits. He swore it was mine, I know it's not, but at this point I believe he's accidentally broken the video card in mine and maybe more. I took it. This one has a broken sound card, so it's going to function as a Kindle backup only and I'm buying a new one the next time I'm in Price Smart.

This is a perfect illustration of the issues trying to get something sophisticated fixed here. I have since found the official Apple approved repair shop here, and it's not this joker in the middle of Tama. It's the stereo store next the Auto Mercado.  Asked him to order a sound card. He does not think he'll be able to get it for a couple of months. I'm good with that because he was honest with me, unlike most Ticos who will promise  you the world quickly, and then dodge you once it's obvious that's not happening. More 'Tico Time' hijinks.

Today was the day I've been nervous about over a month now. I have developed a nickel sized weird growth on the underside of my left breast. The breast I call "Cancer Boob" Why? Removal of a large tumor when I was 15, removal of a small cancer later, a whole lot of chemotherapy and radiation, and surgery ten years ago to remove a suspicious looking growth that turned out to be a mast cell growth. I've also had scar revision surgery twice with the plastic surgeon on my poor left boob, but I still have stitch lines and that blue ink dot radiation tattoo on it.

Unlike the States I had to either trek to the big city to see a dermatologist or be squeezed in on the only day of the month our clinic has the dermo there. Today.

They removed it, but told me there's no way it's skin cancer. It's just another mastocytoma, mast cell growth. Lab called and confirmed it this evening. Ho hum, so I still have mast cell activation syndrome. Just happy it's not skin cancer.

Didn't see it for awhile because I sport double D cups and it was on the underside. Ladies flip up your boobs and make sure the underside is normal every now and then! To see it required some effort on these losing their battle with gravity things.

While I was there, before I could say "No thanks, leave my other lumps and bumps alone" she'd whipped out the freezing solution and hit my benign age spot on my temple and the weird little lump of skin at the edge of the very old scar from elbow surgery. So I got froze, squoze and cut today.

As per usual Jim immediate crashed my appointment and started rattling on and on about his various age spots and growths, and before I knew it she'd zapped his too. I should know better by now to not bring him along because this always happens. I get something taken care of and he suddenly realizes he needs it too.

So we're both skin cancer free with freezer burned spots hither and yon.  Such is life.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Strange Days and Orchids