Tension and Idiots


 I think I'm going to have to get offline again for awhile. Why? Dumbest reasons of all time. I am getting irked by people on a Facebook group for a reality television show. Idiocy abounds.

One of the guys on a certain reality television show has been giving a ton of dumb excuses for his messed up lips, saying it's food allergies. It's obvious from the incision lines that it was a bad repair of a harelip or other surgery or surgeries. He claims food allergies, something I deal with many times, like right now.

If you have food allergies and you know you FREAKING AVOID THE FOOD! Unless something happens like what happened to me three days ago. I got an ice cream bar and the photos on the front of the bar showed sliced almonds on the bar. The packaging said almonds. I opened it, bit into it and tasted peanuts, spat it out, rinsed my mouth and medicated. I didn't have a severe anaphylaxis type reaction, thankfully, but just bad asthma, that I am still dealing with. Irked by the colognes of people on the beach and a handful of other inhaled smells. I'm extra cranky right now.

Now reality tv guy has a Go Fund Me going to return to his Xolair injections, claiming they run 1,800 each. I smell a straight up scam as the highest cash out of pocket costs I've seen for Xolair lately is around 1,100 each. They usually don't run anywhere near that high now. They came down a lot in the years I was on it. But Reality Guy is saying he's been on Xolair for his food allergies that cause his lips to swell. 

Not only are the prices he claiming out of line, but the very fact he's been put on it for food allergies is highly suspect. I was on Xolair for 8 long years, and in that time saw the prices come down, the drug be implicated in increased cancer rates and all sorts of very nasty side effects, to the point where the FDA black boxed it, saying it was only to be used in cases of last resort, for idiots like me who've run out of drug options. There are now a pile of better biologics out there for asthma and allergic asthma. 

The other thing about Xolair is that you cannot just keep hopping off and on again. It just stops working for folks, usually at the two to five year mark. I was the weirdo that got eight years before my body decided enough. Going on and off, on and off again shortens the effective time it can work for you too.

I guess I'm irked because he is clearly lying about so much, conning others into paying for his supposed medical treatment that likely not even real. I hate, hate, hate liars, as you know if you've been following the saga of Without a Moral Compass and I. 

But when you try to point out reality and facts to the fans they tend to say you're making it up....... gah! I just need to stay out Facebook groups I guess. People that exploit others for financial gain are the lowest of the low.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Strange Days and Orchids