Sayin' Don't Make It So Part Two - Wine O'Clock Edition

 Remember this video. Remember this guy?


So you say, but saying don't make it so. Theme of yesterday.

Derwood showed up and stayed all afternoon. I appeared, said hi and disappeared right back into our bedroom per usual to work on my book. He is borderline creepy so I my contact very limited with him. 

And the big reveal is... drum roll... are you ready for it?

Are you?

Really, really ready for it?

...

...

...

His only reference to what had happened was to tell my husband that his wife had gotten angry with him, for no reason, and kicked him out. Which meant he had no option but going to live with that gal on the beach.

And dodge all the phone calls and messages from my husband apparently.

I smiled and said little, but I'm not buying it. I've seen his wife's tears and distress over the past month. Something serious went down. 

Why is it when men leave they immediately spin it into their being without a choice. Bullshit, we all have choices. There have been tough times in my marriage where everything within me said 'RUN!' but I chose to stay and see if there was a way around those mountains to a better place. So far there always has been. It's not easy or comfortable always, but when you make a lifelong commitment you better be committed to looking for ways to fix problems.

Not that all problems are fixable. My personal line is infidelity or domestic violence. There's no coming back from that. This came out of my first short awful marriage. Anything else is has some degree of let's work on this.

Derwood's problems amply illustrate to me the big emotional differences between men and women. While women will talk to their friends, hence his wife and I talked a lot over the last month, tears and hugging added in, men deal differently. Derwood spit out his few sentences and that was that, like nothing had happened. I hope Jim can get through to him, and probe a bit deeper today when he and Derwood ride motorcycles this afternoon.

Late last night I was treated to a very deranged video of our mutual former friend on YouTube. I don't get it. You're embroiled in a 5 million dollar lawsuit, but you cannot shut up. You claim you are taking a four day social media break, but you're streamed more than a few times and been all over social media. She really genuinely needs to take a long break from the internet. The only way I can see the courts showing her any mercy, or leniency is if she admits she has a problem, and enters treatment between now and then. She's spinning out into some ridiculous statements lately.

Me? What am I up to? Besides having to gut my washer and drying to clean a pile of pillow filling out of? Yesterday was insane laundry day out of sequence, mixed with get ready. The local Asada (water company) came around on Saturday with the news that they'll be working on the pipes in the village. Meaning for the next ten days we'll have no water between 9 am and 4 pm. The beginning of dry season is when repairs start. They even just patched the roads by the house.

I don't mind if they tell me in advance. I always fill up a pitcher with water next to each sink, and a bucket full by each toilet.  Better safe than sorry, and I like being able to wash my hands.

Errands and the like. We're still stray cat central and have to make cat food runs a couple of times a week. I'm going down to talk to the tech company computer shot here about buying a good router and battery backup because ICE is just useless. We had a new ICE router and it's glitchy as hell. Plus I have to stock up on the fruits and vegetables down at the fruit stand for Jim's new diet. We're in talks over that.

Actually we're in talks about a number of things right now. I think the pandemic has gotten to both of us in differing ways and we both need to adjust to accommodate the other. Social butterfly Jim is getting squirrelly from the lack of social, while I'm getting increasingly fearful over any contact outside of my tiny circle. As iron sharps iron and all that jazz. You'd think after 34 years we'd automatically know what the other is thinking. Sadly no. Uncomfortable times.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Strange Days and Orchids