Xanax For Xmas
Chifrijo and patacones for lunch at a local soda. Yes, before I knew we'd been exposed to the 'Rona. Too bad because I need some fresh patacones. Plus after the last two days Santa needs to bring me a stocking full of Xanax for Xmas.
I have been having one hell of a bad worrisome time since yesterday morn. Jim came home from church and announced one of his friends has Covid. I had to point out that meant we'd both been exposed to the disease.
On last Tuesday, almost 7 days ago, we went for our bi-weekly cat food run to Maxi Pali. Jim spotted a friend in the parking lot he hadn't seen for a long time and trotted over to talk to him. Jim's been going nuts during the pandemic because of the isolation. His friend did have on a mask, but removed it to talk to Jim. Jim had his mask in his hand, the big dummy. They stood about four feet apart talking.
After a few minutes I walked up. I'd been slower than Jim because I had to fetch the reuseable grocery bags ahead of the plastic grocery bag ban here, and I always don my mask before getting out of the car. I don't take chances. I stayed the required two meters away from them with the mask on for just a moment or two before I told Jim I was going into the store.
It was announced in church that his friend officially has Covid as of three or four days. So we were near this covidiot while he was contagious. So now we're under quarantine for the two weeks. Neither of us have been tested but we're both having sore throats and some coughing.
I don't think I was with the friend close enough or long enough to contract it, but Jim could have easily contracted it and given it to me quickly.
It must have been bad if this friend when to the doctor. He's one of those odd subclasses of folks here from other countries that I always think of as the "Have Nots"
Usually they leave a lifestyle of struggling to make ends meet in some first world country for some fantasy idea that it is going to be so much better here, not realizing that lower living costs do not matter if you don't have a freaking job. They come here on a tourist visa, with literally nothing sometimes, discover they will not be allowed to work, and end up competing with the locals and the Nicas for unskilled laborer jobs for pennies. The standard going rate for cash under the table jobs here is about four bucks an hour. They get trapped here, and eventually end up living in a crappy tent near the beach with the mosquitos and banana spiders, begging people to take pity on them.
Costa Rica health dept is no longer running their free huge testing protocols. They are assuming anyone with exposure and the symptoms has it. If this continues we'll have to make arrangements to be tested at the clinic and pay for it out of pocket.
The scary thing I am having is that insano rage thing I have happen right before my asthma gets bad. Blood pressure low, no fever, just feel like a pile of patacones run over by an 18 wheeler.
I'm pretty angry at Jim, and I've yelled more than once the last few days. He is the sloppiest person I know. Threatened to start calling him Pigpen if he doesn't literally clean up his act. What precipitated this? He started nagging me to clean the laundry room, I did and it was all in chaos even as every six weeks or so I make sure everything is stored in the right plastic crate and marked. I scrub it, I store the plastic tubs in order, put everything where it goes and ten minutes later he pulls out all the plastic bins to rummage through and leaves everything scattered willy nilly for me to put away. I simply want him to put everything back where it goes when he's done. Like a grown up, a real adult, not a man child dropping things where they fall.
I wasn't put on this planet to make life ala carte for him. He's a grown ass man and should be able to handle putting lids back on the crates and putting them back on the shelves instead of leaving his usual circle of chaos.
But experience has taught me if I feel like bathing in the life's blood of someone over what is really a minor annoyance, not picking up after oneself then a bad mast cell flare is coming.
I hope I don't have Covid. I hope I don't keep on with the anger. I've been sitting here stewing all evening over an incident between us back in 2007. I know it's dumb, I know I need to forget it, but right now my brain in playing all those worst of the marriage clips like some very dumb and mean version of "America's Funniest Videos" except none of these are funny.
Already told him today if I die of the 'Rona I'm coming back to haunt and torment his ass.

Comments