Iguanas and Anthems

 


Some big ups and downs in the past few days.

A few ups. The iguanas. This guy above is the King Kong of our various iguanas here. He's been around the entire time we've lived here. He's over four feet long. Yesterday he interacted with us quite a bit. Used to be he ran. Then he stopped running and just ignored us. The other day I took this photo because he came right up to us. Started bobbing my head at him, and he bobbed back. By late yesterday he was on the patio with us, sitting on the floor between Jim and I as we had dinner. Bobbing his head anytime anyone looked his way. 

Bobbing heads in iguanas can be a show of dominance, but it can also be a way of saying 'Hi ya!' and I think this is a "Hi ya!" because it carries no other signs of aggression or dominance. 

Another up. Talking with a family member this morning and they forwarded me a link to a FB page of a friend of my ex, guy named Roger. A super obnoxious musician friend. A guy that lived in American flag pants like those worn by Rex of Rex Kwan Do in "Napoleon Dynamite" Roger would strut around in these silly pants and tell women his name was like "Anthem" with two extra letters. I used to piss Roger off by pointing out his name didn't end with "Anthem" but "Antham" I guess spelling wasn't his strong suit.

Where this gets comical for me is like so many times when I've seen the FB page of someone I knew 30 or 40 years ago is seeing the ones like the ex, and Roger, who haven't changed one iota since the 1970s, and they are still stuck doing the exact same stupid things. Yes, he has "My name ends with the ultra patriotic word 'Anthem'" and it's still horribly misspelled. His feed was a free floating pile of QAnon, Trump supporting, bragging about getting massage happy endings, and his adventures since moving to the Far East due to Trump losing the election.

Makes me so happy to know that I've changed and grown in the ensuing years, even if some folks stay exactly the same, except now his corny pickup lines are on his FB page.

The not so much fun was having someone deliberately trying to hack my YouTube account three different times yesterday, followed by hack attempts on my husband's accounts. Thank god for two step authentication processes. Everything we do is linked to text my phone if someone makes attempts to access from a different IP address. My phone binged and dinged all evening until they finally gave up.  

Why would someone attempt a hack? I am not sure, but I think it's likely linked to that problematic video blogger. Every single time I do a YouTube video about something she's been less than truthful about my public email box explodes with porn, insurance company quotes and the like silly emails that just get shunted off to the spam filter. Last night I closed that box. She literally now has no way to contact me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Strange Days and Orchids