Clouds and Sunshine and Conflation
I'm in my bedroom right now, sitting here stupidly wheezing. The pest control guys are here and I told them that they could spray the outside of the house. Of course I'm smelling in from inside the sealed room. Supposed to be 'safe' and 'non-toxic' No such thing. No rest of the weary and wicked.
It's the yearly spray the guesthouse for termites, but the guys really wanted to spray the house too. Nope. Just the outside. We just have the usual number of bugs everyone gets. The termites tend to show up in the rainy season and munch on the old back door we replaced last year in the guesthouse.
After the debacle with the trainer that tried to move in and fleece us for various sums we decided to at least heed one of his warnings. We went into the guesthouse to clean after his departure and found....
.... drum roll please....
...........
Nothing, just the usual dust and musty smell of a place closed up for months on end no one has stayed in. A little dusting and mopping and the place was perfectly fine. Our uninvited guest had conflated the dust and musty smell of a joint shut up since July into something beyond the worst levels of filth. Figures. I knew it could not possibly be more than dust. The place is sealed and no one goes in there between guests.
I did drag out all the bedding, towels and curtains and do my yearly washing of them. See?
Towels and sheets and curtains oh my! Using the guest room to stage the piles of household linens from the guesthouse. In a week, once the bug spray has settled, I'll ferry all of this back out to the guesthouse, hang the curtains and towels and remake the bed. Dust again, mop again, and have it all nice and ready for our Christmas guests.
Bugs are a fact of life in Costa Rica. Which is why a Roomba is so important here. If no Roomba you really need to sweep daily, and I don't always manage that! Jim is now in charge of the sweeping.
Comments