The Chicken Dance
Short and sweet tonight. Christmas Eve night at 11 pm I got a Christmas miracle, an email arrived in Spanish saying my Covid test was negative, strep was negative and the other tests were negative. This has been another episode of Covid or Asthma. Thank you for playing.
Glad because I had been reading that being exposed to an unmasked someone with Covid while you were masked gave you about a 30% of contracting Covid.
But Baby Dr. made me laugh when he was examining me while he was dressed in full out protection gear. He said I might have tonsillitis. I had to point out you actually had to have tonsils to have that and mine were removed 55 years ago.
Christmas was very low key. Tamales (Costa Rican tradition) with corn casserole, tomato avocado salad and homemade bean dip and chips along with assorted desserts. Naps all around before we had our friends over for a carefully socially distanced swimming thing. Spent a lot of time on the phone with family.
I miss my kids.
Today was the usual, laundry, housework, goofing around and naps. With one exception, and it should have been set to the theme song from the old Benny Hill show - Yakkity Sax. We went to run out for cat food and had a slight problem.
Since the gate controller mechanism is broken and on order for next week we leave the gates to our little acre open during the day, shutting only when we go out. Get in the car and get near the gate only to see Jim running and flapping his arms about instead of standing near the gate to shut it. We had an entire flock of our neighbors chickens in our yard. I got out of the car and ran around, and we proceeded to try and herd the worlds dumbest chickens out of the property like some clueless and bumbling Keystone Cops. We were laughing so hard we were giddy with it afterward.

Comments