Guesting
A pile of clean bedding, curtains and towels to go out to the guesthouse after our unexpected guest.
Spent the day in the guesthouse. I'd put off doing a hard scrub a few weeks. We'd had the guesthouse sprayed for termites, which is an annual thing we do here. I try to wait until the point where the insecticide has dissipated enough not to bother me.
Since Covid has ended the flood of friends and family coming to stay in the guesthouse I'd not done a hard scrub in a while. Today, lawdamercy, I did. stiff and sore everywhere, to the point where I cannot get comfortable enough to sleep. Cleaned walls and windows and every conceivable surface. Extremely pleased with the outcome.
Tomorrow I must see if I can get replacement curtain rods for the bedrooms and lamps. The cheap little bedroom lamps have walked off from the guesthouse. It's the only petty theft we've had this year. I hope someone is happy with their five dollar lamps. Getting nicer ones tomorrow and stand up lamp for the living room.
I should take pictures after I hang the new curtains. When we first bought the house nearly 3 years ago the guesthouse was in the saddest shape, painted in dull shades of a muddy lavender. I repainted it in shades of light turquoise and white. We only had a mattress on the floor that the previous owner left, and two bar stools. Now it's fully furnished. Every six months or so I add something I want.
My next project will be a hanging lamp fixture over the breakfast bar made from a short surfboard with danging seaglass lights. One step at a time. Rome, and the guesthouse weren't built in a day.
Comments