Damn jt Feels Good to be a Gangsta

 

I started mentally dancing to this song, for all its not very PC lyrics, like I'm Peter in "Office Space" Why? I FINISHED OUR TAXES ON TIME!

Since we're moved to Costa Rica every single year our complex tax situation has been exacerbated by being an expat, difficulty getting documents, figuring out what I need to claim since we have investments in other countries, you name it. Every since year I've had to take advantage of the different time schedule for expats and file by June 15th instead. 

I'm going to make the regular tax deadline. I was ready this year. I understood the foreign investments rules. Thanks Trump for passing tax codes that give anyone with foreign investments below a certain threshold, and not an insignificant one, a pass on taxes, and then reduced taxes on everything above. I had my documents lined up and for the first time in a very long time I am done. The huge yearly boondoggle is slain and filed. 

Getting money back, a pretty large chunk, which blows my mind. Before the previous administration we ended up paying a large sum every year. No longer, last four years we got good sized refunds.

I cannot believe I am FINISHED!

Glad to have something to celebrate because it's been one of those days where the balance issues are making walking hard. Even with the cane I walk like I am drunk while being sober.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Ancient History With a Crystal Ball