Live Just Like a Millionaire....

 ....walking on imported air..

Not really. From one very old Blondie song. From an album I scored the roughly three months I worked at a radio station selling advertising during college. It was a place that routine bounced our paychecks to us. One of the cavalcade of crazy jobs I had in college.

Then there was the time I applied and interviewed for a job manning the phones in the middle of the night for one of the local mortuaries. Didn't get the job, but had already decided a spooky mortuary filled with bodies in the middle of a grave yard in the middle of the night was just not going to work for me.

Which has nothing to do with today. Side ramble. Today the gardeners showed up. on time, and finished the job, with some serious upgrades to everything external. They didn't pull the "Manana". I misjudged them. Not just cleaning up plant die off from dry season and unruly growth since wet season started. They sculpted the banana trees, used some old concrete pavers we had to create new pathways over the French drain for Jim's motorcycle. They added dark rich soil to  my square foot garden and organized it. My sweet potatoes are now running up the side of the guesthouse. They cleaned and organized behind the guesthouse. It is GLORIOUS!

Here's how the back looked last dry/wet season transition in the back of the house:

Tomorrow I need to take photos to compare. They pulled out a lot more plants. Plus I am surprised by the local plants they left I didn't know were good. Like some vine they built what looks like a "Blair Witch Project" prop to lean against and grow up. I'm not mad at that.

I am endlessly annoyed by the grande jefe on the job deciding to issue a particular "Come to Jesus" to Jim and I. He was pitching death, destruction and END TIMES in Spanish trying to get us to come to 7th Day Adventists Jesus. I said no, no, no.. the 7th Day crew used to come around our neighborhood every spring for 30 years. I know what they believe, and it's not even close to what my years living in Fundytown have left me with. Besides, I hate all that end times fear mongering crapola.

Then he asked if we'd rent him the guesthouse. This comes up every single time we hire new people. That's also a no. We have no desire to be landlords ever again.

Jim is in a better mood now. He got paid at his teaching job. The gardener crew showed up on time and out preformed anything either of us have seen. The part for the gate is in and they're showing up in the morning to fix the gate! Hallelujah! Pass the collection plate!

Today's funny excitement was that I was talking to my mother this morning on the phone, reached for the dustpan and saw a tiny snake next to the fridge. Pointed it out to Jim and it slithered behind the fridge. My poor mom was freaking out. I'm so used to finding the odd critter where it does not belong it does not even faze me now. It was tiny and so so cute.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Ancient History With a Crystal Ball