Different Country But the Game Remains the Same

 

Bernie in the parking lot of Liberia Walmart. I wasn't at the Liberia Walmart, but I was at a Walmart subsidiary here in Tama this morning to score some Great Value pizza and frozen waffles. 

This morning I stayed home from church and Jim attended. He's there now. Why? Our car has an even numbered plate and Covid restrictions newly in place here only allow you to drive with an odd numbered plate. The only odd number plate we have here is on Jim's motorcycle and I ain't riding that thing, no way, no how. I don't even like him riding it! 

I had to slide on down to the clinic, which is allowed no matter what your license plate is, and pick up my two weeks worth of drugs. On the way back I went past that Walmart subsidiary and stopped to get pizzas and things.

Walking around the produce section I ran into Alice, an older lady I know that spends half the year here, half stateside. I know her from church only. Jim told me she was now at the outside church with the obnoxious zillionaire. I smiled and said "Hey, Alice, didn't know you were back in town! Haven't seen you around, how's life treating you?" She smiled, a mousy little half smile, and said, and I quote, "I cannot talk to you because you're still going to *insert name of church here*"

I was so taken aback. Shades of Possum Creek Church implosion and the shit they put me through. I said "Have a nice day" and just walked away.

If the church you're going to is urging you to treat others you know from your former church this way you might be part of a cult church.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Missed Stompism

Bottomless Betty and Blocking the Aunt Heap

Strange Days and Orchids