Health, Utter Peace and Rain
Portero's lovely Asada building painted with the name pricked out in pieces of mirror. The Asadas are all happy places today. The reservoirs aren't quite as empty.
Last night the rains came. They came back to Guanacaste. It rained for about an hour. I sat outside with a book, in my rocking chair and listened to it rain.
This is literally the first March/April dry to rainy season switch over where I've been healthy. No asthma, no wheezing, no miserably shuffling around. Why, how? I think it's the Lyrica I was put on six weeks ago. Something about it is affecting my lungs the same way that medical marijuana does. I'm so incredibly happy over this.
I've started to walk much better, and am able to leave my cane at home when I go out, more and more. I can handle the short jaunt from the parking lot to the cart without falling down. I still do not do well with unpaved uneven surfaces, but this is a big improvement from where I was 8 weeks ago. Higher pain levels and pins and needles but I suddenly do not care. So what, big deal. Many people have it worse.
Jim's away today and I'm doing a task I rarely do. Tear my bed down and wash every blessed thing, from the mattress topper to the pillows, and I've wiped down the waterbed mattress with the lavender and coconut oil concoction I use to clean things.
Comments